What did you cook or eat today (September 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I took our friends to the airport. I put this little pigs leg in the oven to slow roast. It's cooling now for dinner tonight.
1630756695456.png
1630756719521.png
The weather is beautiful, for me it's the best time of the year. So we are of to the beach for a swim and then a few aperitifs before dinner. Split - BBC Weather

I make cornbread from scratch maybe 25% of the time, mainly because those little box mixes are dirt cheap, so I buy them in six-packs and they're always just sitting up there in the cupboard, waiting to be used. :laugh:

I grew up eating Jiffy corn muffins. I still keep a box around for times when I don't feel like messing with my homemade. It tastes good. :laugh:

CD

Hahaha ok, linseed isn't something I've seen or used here. We use it for wood. Flaxseed oil is an omega 6 over here and it's not used for cooking for the most part or shouldn't. Interesting what's used in different parts of the world.

EDIT: are you referring to the seed and not the oil?
I think I've seen linseed oil as paint thinner?

I make cornbread from scratch maybe 25% of the time, mainly because those little box mixes are dirt cheap, so I buy them in six-packs and they're always just sitting up there in the cupboard, waiting to be used. :laugh:
It also keeps it fresher when purchased individually in the little boxes. I only make it once a month so it doesn't make sense to buy a big bag of cornmeal.

I think I've seen linseed oil as paint thinner?

No, it is used for oiling things like unfinished wood and soapstone surfaces. You have to be very careful about linseed oil soaked rags. They can spontaneously combust if not cleaned or disposed of properly. That is the reason I use mineral oil instead.

CD

No, it is used for oiling things like unfinished wood and soapstone surfaces. You have to be very careful about linseed oil soaked rags. They can spontaneously combust if not cleaned or disposed of properly. That is the reason I use mineral oil instead.

CD
I took a lot of art classes in school and painted with oil on canvas. It was 40 years ago, but pretty sure it is used with oil paints. I'll Google it later to double check.

Edited to add i was correct.
3 Important Oil Painting Mediums For Artists

I took a lot of art classes in school and painted with oil on canvas. It was 40 years ago, but pretty sure it is used with oil paints. I'll Google it later to double check.

Well maybe, now that I think of it. I hated my required painting classes in college, so I blocked them out my memory. :laugh:

CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom