What did you cook or eat today (September 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Believe it or not, I've never eaten swordfish. It is available here, although not in every store or seafood restaurant, but I just haven't had it. It is on my culinary to-do list.

CD
I had two cooked pieces left over from last weekends dinner party. It's defrosted so I am going to cube it and make a thai style fish and potato yellow curry. I buy it every time I see it. It freezes well
1630665229244.png

I had two cooked pieces left over from last weekends dinner party. It's defrosted so I am going to cube it and make a thai style fish and potato yellow curry. I buy it every time I see it. It freezes wellView attachment 70584

I'm thinking it would make a good sandwich, on a toasted bun with some veggie toppings and a tangy sauce/condiment. :scratchhead:

CD

Oh yes, my first time will be simply the fish, with some oil and seasonings, probably cooked on the grill/BBQ. It looks like a meaty fish that would cook well over fire.

CD

That’s what I was thinking and on BBQ sounds very good. Just be careful to not cook it too long or you’ll ended up by eating a shoe 😅
(But I know you know how to cook it)

That’s what I was thinking and on BBQ sounds very good. Just be careful to not cook it too long or you’ll ended up by eating a shoe 😅
(But I know you know how to cook it)

I remember the first time I grilled tuna steaks in my twenties. It was for me and my girlfriend at the time. We ate a few bites... then went to a restaurant for dinner. Overcooked tuna could be classified as a weapon.

CD

"Jengkol" (Dog Fruit) Beans in Sweet Soy Sauce.
"Jengkol" or dog fruit is a plant native to South East Asia whose beans are consumed as side dishes to rice. Like durian, "jengkol" is infamous for its distinct smell. Either you die hating "jengkol" or you live long enough to see yourself addicted to it...

jengkol_kecap.png

I had oats for breakfast this morning with my coffee, but had a small snack later, - rice with salmon furikake seasoning.

I had not until recently, had any opportunity to try the salmon furikake. Left over rice from my first sushi creations gave me such an opportunity.

full.jpg

It's a nice seasoning for just plain rice. I liked it.

I should have taken a photo, today's lunch was epic.
It was my fav frozen chicken nuts, covered in salt, placed on a large soft white wrap, with 6 strips of well cooked streaky bacon and hamburger sauce. Combine that with some milky, sugary tea and I'm a happy bunny.

I know I know, it took years to attain such a high stands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom