What did you cook or eat today (September 2022)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
As mentioned in another thread, I took my Mother out today to have her hair done and to lunch at a new-to-us restaurant. Super cute, Mom & Pop joint, nothin' fancy, Breakfast all day, sandwiches, salads, soups, hot meals typical to Cowboyville. :love:
Mom & I had looked over the menu online together on my phone last week Sunday and we agreed that we would share an order of Chicken Fried Steak 😋
As we ordered our meal, I asked for a slice of pie of their fresh Rhubarb Pie to go

This was their LAST PIECE!!!
Mom took a bite for ya know, quality check, huge thumbs up!
As our waitress set down Mom's Pie, she informed us that the kitchen had run of Country Gravy, so it was a no go on that meal ... what else tickles your fancy today Sissy?

Mom ordered French Dip with French Fries/Chips, she only ate half and was very happy.

I ordered the Friday Special, Fish & Chips with Coleslaw, YUM!
And can we talk about the Tartar Sauce, WOW! Mom keep dipping her Fries into it :laugh: Saying "that's really good, we must come back here!"
YUP! Still gotta try their Chicken Fried Steak!!!

Last edited:
A Mickey D's hash brown here is just a potato cake kind of thing. No egg, no cheese. They must do something different for the UK market.

Here, McD's breakfast is the only thing I like, and their coffee is quite good (and about a third the price of a Starbucks). I start every road trip with a Sausage and Egg McMuffin and a coffee. It is a habit/ritual of mine.

CD

Update: I just saw that Queen Elizabeth II, among her many investments and properties, owned a McDonald's franchise.

According to multiple sources, the Queen's McDonald's is located at the Banbury Gateway Shopping Park in Oxfordshire, approximately 80 miles away from Buckingham Palace.

Who knew?

CD

Update: I just saw that Queen Elizabeth II, among her many investments and properties, owned a McDonald's franchise.

According to multiple sources, the Queen's McDonald's is located at the Banbury Gateway Shopping Park in Oxfordshire, approximately 80 miles away from Buckingham Palace.

Who knew?

CD
I believe she's a major shareholder in bp
British petroleum??

Russ

Ah, the famous/infamous "Wrong turn at Albuquerque." :facepalm:

CD
You have to be a certain age, I think, but as soon as I read that Rocklobster 's post, it gave me a huge grin.

We lived about 10 miles from Banbury...maybe we ate there!

You have to be a certain age, I think, but as soon as I read that Rocklobster 's post, it gave me a huge grin.

We lived about 10 miles from Banbury...maybe we ate there!

The photo I saw showed a fairly new building. Inside, it has all the digital ordering gear, and I read it has Eames chairs???

CD

Who knew?

CD
Given the penchant the boys Harry & William had for MCd's because of their mother (you can read such details in multiple autobiographies) this may have been a little secret between them and grandma. It's well known the boys got a MCd's delivered to the palace once in a while when they were young.

Given the penchant the boys Harry & William had for MCd's because of their mother (you can read such details in multiple autobiographies) this may have been a little secret between them and grandma. It's well known the boys got a MCd's delivered to the palace once in a while when they were young.

The queen had people managing her investments, and a McD's franchise is a good investment. I believe she also owned the land under the shopping center. She owned a tremendous amount of land.

CD

She owned a tremendous amount of land.
That piqued my curiosity, so I did a quick look up on Google.
The Queen came 33rd in the "largest landowners" top 50, with 20,000 acres to her name.However, the Crown Estates, which include all the royal castles and land (and which can not be sold by the monarch) came in 4th with 360,000 acres. The Duchy of Cornwall (formerly Prince Charles, now Prince William) comes in 12th, with 135,000 acres, just behind the Duke of Westminster who, at 31 years of age, has a mere 140,000 acres to his name, including 300 acres in Mayfair and Belgravia, London - possibly the most costly real estate in the country.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom