What did you cook or eat today (September 2022)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pappardelle with Porcini Mushrooms and Prawns.

Last edited:
I was given extra char siu pork today (foc) but the noodles were not very spicy even after adding a couple of spoonfulls each of pickled cayenne peppers and Thai hot peppers. I hope I don't have the COVID virus again!

We humans gradually lose our sensitivity to spicy foods as we age. Based on some of your posts, you must be well into your 90s.

CD:D

I was given extra char siu pork today (foc) but the noodles were not very spicy even after adding a couple of spoonfulls each of pickled cayenne peppers and Thai hot peppers. I hope I don't have the COVID virus again!

When I had Covid-19 my sense of smell and taste came and went for quite awhile. Maybe just a brief relapse.

First time making Fajitas, do these look OK? Made with the Hairy Bikers recipe using peppers, onion, garlic, tomato paste and chicken plus a spice mix I made. The corn was not wrapped in the whole wheat tortilla, but eaten on the side.
View attachment 89867

From a Texan point of view, the only thing historically that is absolutely necessary for fajitas is grilled meat and tortillas. The original fajitas were vaquero (cowboy) food. Skirt steak and tortillas.

Today, what you add to that is up to you. Grilled onions and peppers is very common in TexMex fajitas, and most TexMex restaurants add a bunch of stuff , from lettuce to pico to sour cream and cheese. That stuff is all optional.

When I eat fajitas, it is grilled steak, onions and peppers on a tortilla. That's just me being me.

So, your version of fajitas is as valid as anyone else's today. If you liked it, great!

CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom