What did you cook or eat today (September 2022)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We had a wet August..it can be challenging for the Farmers in the area..but, one said to me, and I'll always remember this, that "we'd have a lot more problems if it didn't rain"

Poured this morning and now getting a shower about every twenty minutes. Nice porch weather but my stupid dogs refuse to get under something
Our last dog absolutely loved being out in the pouring rain, just reveled it. What’s worse, she’d be covered from tip to tail in mud and water, and I’d trap her in the garage, but would she shake off there? Nooooosirrreee…she’d wait and wait and wait, and as soon as I opened the door, she’d bolt inside and shake that crap all over the walls, the ceiling, the TV, the furniture, and then dry herself on the carpet.

Pizza sauce going on.

Was going to smoke some brisket today, but pretty rainy in central Ohio.
Rainy here too. Indoor foods. I was going to do baby back ribs for tomorrow, starting them in the oven and finishing on the grill, but maybe later this week.

I made hubby his usual eggs over salami and cheese on toasted buns, he loves that. I had a leftover crab rangoon (we had Chinese takeout last night) so far after my tea and coffee, working on some egg rolls shortly.

Tonight I am going to make the bacon-wrapped shrimp poppers. I have the jalapenos from our garden out and am thawing shrimp now. I will make the cheese mixture later and get everything prepped. I think steak slider sandwiches as a main (we had ribeyes night before last and I have the choicest pieces of beef stored in an airtight glass container in the coldest part of my refrigerator).

Got a slow cooker pot of sauce that I started yesterday. I put ribeye steak bones in and let them cook until the meat fell off the bone (there was still quite a bit of meat on them). Then I took fresh tomatoes from the garden and pureed them with roasted garlic and added that with some red wine last night. Today I browned some bulk Italian sausage and added that along with some frozen leftover gyro meat (lamb and beef blend) to the crockpot. Tomorrow I will add fresh herbs from the garden just before serving and we will have some sort of pasta, not sure just what yet.

Believe it or not, we’re having leftovers. MrsT has weakened her stance on no leftovers since she started WW. Not sure what one has to do with the other, but there you have it.

Not even a drop of rain in sight here. It´s so dry, the chestnut trees are already shedding their leaves...
After the Farmer´s Market, we drove into the depths of Kent and stopped in a 16th century pub, with a proper Inglenook fireplace, and had a pint. Then we went to a 15th century place for lunch!
Grilled swordfish, sautéed potatoes, wilted spinach, followed by a dee-vine cheesecake slathered with black cherries. Wife had a children`s portion of Sunday Roast and still couldn´t finish it.

As I tell my DH, food is food
My DH has learned to like leftovers because I generally present them in an altered manner so it's not actually the same dish (like making leftover steak into steak sandwiches, steak breakfast burritos, steak fried rice, etc). Of course there are some foods he doesn't ever complain about eating 2x or more, even days in a row, and that's anything with a tomato based pasta sauce. The pasta can't be leftover, of course! Oh but when I make macaroni and cheese he will eat that leftover pasta with no complaints.

My DH has learned to like leftovers because I generally present them in an altered manner so it's not actually the same dish (like making leftover steak into steak sandwiches, steak breakfast burritos, steak fried rice, etc). Of course there are some foods he doesn't ever complain about eating 2x or more, even days in a row, and that's anything with a tomato based pasta sauce. The pasta can't be leftover, of course! Oh but when I make macaroni and cheese he will eat that leftover pasta with no complaints.
For my husband, he'll eat leftover Pasta Salad, but that's about it... note to self: I haven't made Pasta Salad in a while!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom