What did you cook or eat today (September 2022)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG_2147.JPG

Great afternoon snack with two kinds of Mustard and Cheese Dip. I had a Beer to wash it down while DH had a Root Beer.
Now we're both stuff and it's only 2 hours to dinner time 🤷‍♀️ We might skip dinner tonight, maybe have another snack later in the evening ...

No pictures, but Scampi & Chips.
I´ve got this thing about this dish. I mean, it´s just breaded shrimp with tartare sauce, but I love it with a passion.

Sounds good. I love fried shrimp and fries/chips. It is very popular on the Gulf coast of Texas.

I know scampi refers to different things in different countries, but in the US it is basically shrimp sautéed in butter and garlic. It is often served here on a thin pasta, like angel hair pasta.

CD

Yesterday was a case of what is in the fridge?
2 aubergines and 1 butternut squash, so I made my 'Indian potato curry' without potatoes. .. it has a long list of herbs & spices (14) made longer by the fact I was out of Garam Masala (11 spices) ... but it is worth it.

The butternut squash was starting to "go off", so I used all of the squash instead of any potatoes. It will last many nights, so I'll freeze half of it today.

Sounds good. I love fried shrimp and fries/chips. It is very popular on the Gulf coast of Texas.

I know scampi refers to different things in different countries, but in the US it is basically shrimp sautéed in butter and garlic. It is often served here on a thin pasta, like angel hair pasta.

CD
Interesting - I didn't know that scampi was another one of those things that is different around the world. Over here scampi are breaded and deep-fried langoustine tails, and are a staple of a typical pub menu.

Mardi-Gras-Trafford-Centre-Hana-Kelly-7_resultjpeg.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom