What did you cook or eat today (September 2022)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting - I didn't know that scampi was another one of those things that is different around the world. Over here scampi are breaded and deep-fried langoustine tails, and are a staple of a typical pub menu.

And in my limited experience of British pubs, usually served in a basket with chips and tartar sauce?

Same as last night, my homemade "Indian" and brown basmati rice. No photo, didn't look any different from last night, lol.

I have that trouble all the time. I try to make the same dish look different but it always appears to look the same.

Green bean mash with barbecue chicken and barbecue flavored gravy. The bits in the gravy are rosemary sprigs.

Over here scampi are breaded and deep-fried langoustine tails, and are a staple of a typical pub menu.

I'm not sure that's the case any more. Langoustine are really expensive these days and most of the large ones exported to France & Spain. Maybe the pubs buy them in ready-made and breadded from the small langoustines chopped up or something?

20220924_092919.jpg
Like a "Cheesy egg scramble" This was a "what do I have in my fridge"? and then combine a bunch of stuff. I had some potatoes, onions, ham, and cheese. Threw them together, and put some eggs in it as a binder. It tastes so much better than it looks.

View attachment 90691Like a "Cheesy egg scramble" This was a "what do I have in my fridge"? and then combine a bunch of stuff. I had some potatoes, onions, ham, and cheese. Threw them together, and put some eggs in it as a binder. It tastes so much better than it looks.
We do that frequently here, one of our favorites!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom