What did you cook or eat today (September 2022)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lu was in the hot seat again today. Chicken and chorizo flatbreads. Yummy.

No idea. There was a quartered lemming on the side of the plate BUT.. I´d prefer half a lime any day.
:giggle:
Poor thing. They've got hardly any meat on them as it is, but to quarter one seems a touch mean really... rather like serving half a mouse..

Brown cow coffee yogurt for breakfast.
I had half a small Jersey Mike’s original Italian sub for lunch.
I’m having a triple cream Brie and blue cheese sandwich on ciabatta bread (all Trader Joe’s brands) for dinner.

Nice! I absolutely love split pea and ham soup but that looks so different from what I would expect in the UK which would be more green/yellow looking. Can you post your recipe?
Oh God, did you have a nice smokey ham bone simmering for hours? 🤤
MG: I will post the recipe when I get a chance to write it up.
Pug: I used a smokey ham steak this time.

I use a variety of items. Some products I use are: smoked pork chops, bacon, smoked ham steak, smoke turkey wings, smoked ham hocks, smoked ham bones. It depends what I have on hand or available at the time.

DH's birthday dinner. His request is that we bring my Mother over to our house for the afternoon, have a nice meal, stream a movie, have dessert and then take her home to her apartment.
IMG_0932.JPG

DH's menu request is grilled Rib Eye steak, Mushrooms, Twice Baked Potatoes and a mixed Salad with Anchovies.
Done!
No photo, sorry, but he also requested Birthday Pie, my homemade Apple Galette with Vanilla Ice Cream.
And ya know what?
Mom ate very scrap of food! I portion out a 1/4 pound of steak, half of a large Potato and a decent sized Salad.
(she hasn't been eating much, `cuz I monitor her food in her apartment).
DH said, she'll eat anything I make and put down in front of her and LOVE it!
Good. Maybe we should do this more often to get her to eat, DH agreed.
Oh and this is DH's plate, he prefers his steak more done, go figure.

How long would you say pizza dough lasts in the fridge?
I never go past three days, but you can probably extend that out a day or two.

I usually make 6-8 and freeze most of them. They last ages in the freezer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom