What did you cook or eat today (September 2022)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cube steak with mushroom gravy, roast potatoes, and steamed vegetables:

We used up some leftover bits and bobs from the fridge, so dinner tonight was some leftover canned tomato soup, a cob of corn, and half a package of Lipton Sidekicks.

(All cooked by husband, I’m still out of commission for at least the next month).

How long would you say pizza dough lasts in the fridge?

I only use the fridge for defrosting pizza bases so it's no longer than overnight.

[Edit: Very badly worded. I use my fridge for many other things.

It should read "I defrost pizza bases in the fridge so it's no longer than overnight"]

Last edited:
Hubby is not home until very late tonight and because of my repeated asthma attacks last night and feeling awful today, I've raided the freezer and settled on a Sri Lankan Curry (vegan ready meal) with2 slices of a chickpea flour beer bread I made yesterday at the same time as the vegan beer pretzels.

The bread is really tasty and surprisingly light and "fluffy". You can definitely taste the beer, but the chickpea also comes out as well and given there are only 3 ingredients, I'm actually really surprised, pleasantly so.

Looks absolutely great!
One concern, however: did you actually get to drink any of that Guinness? :eek: :eek:

Pack of four 330ml bottles. One bottle gone on the Guinness pickled eggs. A small amount of second bottle used in the salad dressing. Rest of that bottle drunk!

That looks really good medtran49 , please keep us all updated on your status there in Florida ...

Thanks.

We are just getting lots of rain, some wind, probably a lot more today, 30 to 50, maybe 60 MPH since track shifted south, had some tornado warnings last night probably more of them today. It's the west coast of florida that is going to get hammered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom