What did you cook today? (2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I made some fish tacos last night. The recipe makes almost a tempura like fish coating and you have it on tortillas with a little bit of slaw. They were different than I expected but really good, I would consider them more of a fish wrap than a taco.

I made some fish tacos last night. The recipe makes almost a tempura like fish coating and you have it on tortillas with a little bit of slaw. They were different than I expected but really good, I would consider them more of a fish wrap than a taco.

How spooky, we had fish tacos for dinner last night as well. We used our own tomatoes to make a relish, instead of slaw we used red cabbage, red onion and lettuce.

I haven't cooked as such today but I did make green tomato chutney

Our tomato plants were going over so I picked all the fruits

DSCN1388.JPG

We now have chutney

DSCN1389.JPG

The red ones will make a great sauce

I too have a batch of Green Tomato Chutney on the go...

But I have had to freelance a touch with the ingredients because I was lacking in certain areas and can't get out to purchase anything at the moment, so
  • instead of white wine vinegar I have had to use red wine vinegar and cider vinegar
  • instead of light brown muscovado sugar I have ended up using golden granulated with some jaggery added (palm sugar)
  • instead of fresh red chillies I have ended up using dried red chillies
  • instead of raisins I have ended up using sultanas...
I did manage to use yellow mustard seeds (useful it wanted them because I am out of black mustard seeds) and I had plenty of green tomatoes.... had to use a mix of white onions and red onions mind you...

I just grilled some chicken and added it to a green salad. It was better than usual. I started mixing herbs into my green salads on a regular basis and I have to say the added flavor is a nice low to no calorie addition.

How spooky, we had fish tacos for dinner last night as well. We used our own tomatoes to make a relish, instead of slaw we used red cabbage, red onion and lettuce.

Oh wow, that's so crazy! How were the tomatoes as a relish on the tacos? I like to use tomatoes when I make fish tacos but this time I followed a recipe that did not include any type of tomato.

So, today it was vegetable stew with chicken breasts. I'm using Redmond multi-cooker for making my dishes (before I've mentioned here about an apple pie). It's such a wonderful device where you can make soup, stew and even pies. Like 100 in one.

I grilled yesterday for the holiday. Seared some tuna on the grill and had it with a salad of baby greens and a warm potato salad. For dessert I made banana ice cream and drizzled some homemade blueberry sauce over it.

I cooked ribs, turnip greens, and cornbread today. That is what my husband wanted so that is what he got.

040.jpg
Had a nice healthy cold creamy Green Smoothie for breakfast a lunch, soup for supper!! :wink:

This morning for breakfast I made a hash from potatoes, turkey sausage, diced red onion and diced fresh jalapeno. I seasoned it with Spice Time brand Garlic & Pepper Seasoning and hit it with a few splashes of Tapatio hot sauce. I planned on topping it with some fried egg and eating it all with some whole grain toast on the side, which I did, but I had an urge to put some fresh spinach in there too, so I sauteed some up with more of that seasoning and put that over the hash before topping with the fried eggs and a few more splashes of Tapatio sauce.

I made turkey chili. I'm not the biggest fan but it is so much healthier that I decided I will force myself to like it. Didn't turn out too bad this time around but I seasoned it heavily, added some hot sauce and even threw in some kale to up the healthy factor. The great part is I made way too much so I have leftovers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom