What did you cook today? (2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is getting colder where I live so last night I pulled out the crock pot. I made hot roast pork sandwiches. The pork was in the crock pot for about 8-10 hours and was really easy to make and turned out tender and delicious.

I made vegetable stir fry today. I cooked cauliflower, broccoli and carrot with garlic today. I might have over cooked it a bit because the broccoli was too soft but overall it's a good meal for me.

How about you. What did you cook today?
I made penne bolognaisse, I cooked it for a few hours and the sauce came out thick and creamy. Most importantly, the kids loved it!

we had brown basmati rice cooked with cumin seeds, served with fried courgette and fried aubergine, boiled potatoes, steamed broccoli, steamed broad beans and freshly picked (wild) sweet chestnuts (shelled and boiled) with a cashew nut based 'korma style' sauce (onions, celery, roasted cashew nuts all pureed water and with a fresh red chili, fresh ginger, fresh garlic, ground cumin, ground coriander, chilli powder, asafoetida, turmeric, paprika and probably one or two other spices I now can't remember). I think I will be doing that one again...

I made Mac n' Cheese. Nothing fancy. :) I am too lazy to cook today after a stressful day at work!

Today is roast chicken marinated in Puree, Olive Oil and soya sauce with a dash of Paprika and Parsley. Potatoes boiled and then fried in a little oil to crisp them.
We are also having green beans cooked in a little butter and salt to taste.
I am cheating with the gravy today and using Bisto which I find fantastic, stock cube and a little juice from the roasting pan.

Today I cooked fried chicken and Mac and cheese. It was oh so delicious!

For breakfast I made bacon, eggs, pancakes, and sliced oranges and strawberries. For lunch I made turkey and pepper jack cheese sandwiches with sun chips and minute maid with 2 peanut butter cookies. And for dinner steak grilled veggies and mash potatoes with a slice of cheese cake and minute maid. I love cooking so much. And always looking for new recipes to try.

Today, I made pumpkin soup. The pumpkins were on sale at the grocery store. :) I just used a canned chicken stock though. A quick and easy dinner for me!

Tamarind soup. Added a lot of vegetables and some pork. Very delicious and easy to make. :)

Well I didn't technically make something today but I ate something I made yesterday!

It's just kale (washed and chopped) + salt + pepper + whatever flavor you want. I added garlic and cayenne pepper. Mix it all together and massage it with your hands, leave in fridge for 30 minutes, take it out and uncover it and massage again, and put it in the fridge again. SO good :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom