What did you cook today? (2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Made some beef steak with veggies & brown gravy.

Cooked it in the oven - like a pot roast! Was going to cook some rice to put it over, but didn't yet. :hungry: :eek:

Made tofu with ground beef and kinchay. It's something that I got from my mom. Actually, my mom doesn't know what this recipe is called as well. She just made it one day because she couldn't think of anything to cook.

I made "No Bake Breakfast Cookies". Here is the link to the recipe: http://www.whatscooking.fns.usda.go...stance-program-snap/no-bake-breakfast-cookies

I used quick oats instead of "flaky cereal" for extra fiber, and it makes for a softer cookie. Just scoop with a tablespoon and drop onto a plate or cookie sheet. You can eat it right away, or pop it into the fridge for another day. It keeps for at least a week, or you can freeze it to keep it longer. They are great after school snacks for kids, or breakfast on the go for busy folks.

I am going to be baking a whole chicken today. Had Tilapia two days in a row. While it was quick and easy, I don't want to tire others with it, not to mention I read it's not as healthy as I thought.

Back to my cooking. I am going to make a salad to go with my chicken. Someone might want chips but I am trying to discourage that.

We got back from our holiday today so dinner was a pizza from the supermarket, not glam but easy.

I feel like having a pizza tonight but whipped up simple a Tilapia dish AGAIN. Stuck it in the oven again with salt and pepper, some garlic butter mix and thyme and sprinkled with paprika for colour.

I cooked the most AMAZING tacos and guacamole EVER!! My first time making guacamole and it was freaking AMAZING!!!!!!

tumblr_necekhw9rj1u0zfe7o1_1280.jpg

And I must admit...I LOVED the lettuce leaf 10 times more than with a tortilla. I tried one with a tortilla too just to be sure and it wasn't as awesome.

Made Mac n' Cheese today. Feeling sick and lazy, so I just prepared Betty Crocker's MC. It was good. :)

Tilapia AGAIN. This time I fried them. I am also having baked turkey wings, pickled cucumber, okras with salt fish, rice and I might do a cole slaw and some extra veggies.

I don't plan on eating everything all at once. I will try to eat sensibly.

Well I had dinner in the mall today. I am sorry I did not prepare something from home. I had chicken chow mien and vegetables? It was very salty so I could not enjoy it. Well tomorrow should be better.

Last night we went to our local curry house with TVC's brother and we had a slap up meal.

Today I am cooking a cauliflower and broccoli lasagne with cheese topping. The most complicated bit is making the cheese sauce (which I do from scratch) but it's not the biggest of deals and I can make enough for tomorrow as well, give myself a break!

It goes excellently with bacon. Mmmmmm... bacon.

It might be a little boring but I had tilapia, spicy okra and tomatoes and some baked potatoes. I feel so much better than yesterday when I had to settled for what I had in the mall that was not nearly as healthy or delicious as my own cooking.

The only boring thing might be me having the tilapia so often, but I always jazz it up.

For breakfast I had refried beans with cream and an egg. I'm not much into the tortillas.

Chicken curry with coconut milk, white rice, and a lettuce and tomato salad.

This morning I was woken up by smells coming from the kitchen, my husband was making a huge pot of chilli. It tastes so much better for having time to rest and all the flavours to infuse. We are having some this evening, some on Monday as his brother is coming round for dinner and overnight stay, the rest is being divided into seperate pots and frozen. Easy mid-week meal, just thaw out and cook some rice, simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom