What did you cook today? (2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I made vegetable stir fry today. I cooked cauliflower, broccoli and carrot with garlic today. I might have over cooked it a bit because the broccoli was too soft but overall it's a good meal for me.

How about you. What did you cook today?

I'm cooking flax focaccia today. It's a great gluten free bread substitute that's also good for getting the fiber and other great benefits of flax. It's easy to prepare and out of the oven in only 20 minutes. Just google flax focaccia and you'll find it easily.

I made up an Iranian dish which was excellent, from the new cookbook I purchased during the week.
Ash-e-Sholeh-Ghalamkar, it is basically herb, bean & wheat soup.

I have a feeling myself and this new cookbook could be really good friends :D

I made picadillo. It's basically ground pork or beef with potatoes, carrots, and bell peppers. :)

I made potatoes and corned beef. :) It's a very simple dish that I cook when I am in a hurry and want something delicious. :D

Moules in garlic sauce with crusty bread

DSCN1469.JPG

Today I just re-heated a leftover bean dish for dinner. It's a mix of mung beans and black eyed peas with brown rice to complete the protein. I don't think I will pare these two beans together again. It was an experiment, but didn't turn out to be a winner in my opinion.

I pan seared some blue marlin and had a garden salad to go with it. It was my quick and easy meal. I was not totally happy with the fish. It was tougher than I was lead to believe. Next time I go to the market I am going to try a sword fish or bill fish.

I am cooking as I type. I am cooking some yellow rice. Added tumeric for colour. Rice is a must in most households here on Sundays. I baked a chicken whole, cut down the centre. I seasoned it well and applied barbecue sauce and soy sauce. Will prepare a simple garden salad and my cole slaw has already been prepared. I am also having some okras and carrots steamed. Might do a salt fish dish if time permits.

I cooked instant noodles. I know that it's not a big "achievement", but I am feeling too lazy today. :P It's also very unhealthy, so I suggest that you only eat instant noodles once or twice a month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom