What did you cook today? (2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I made a homemade crab tomato sauce using ingredients from my garden, put the sauce over some linguine and made a simple green salad to go with it.

vegan black been brownies with added dark chocolate chips... <yummy>
How do those brownies taste, any difference from the normal brownie. I see the vegan sweets all of the time and am tempted to try them out. However they cost a lot more and I don't want to blow the money on something that will gross me out.

Last night for dinner I added some smashed garlic (use the back of a spoon to "smash" the clove) and quartered heirloom tomatoes and added them to some olive oil. I softened everything for about 5 minutes and let it sit, I made some pasta and added that to my garlic and tomato mixture along with a handful of chopped fresh basil and a bit of parmesan cheese. I mixed it all together and I had a quick and delicious dinner.

As soon as I'm home today I'm gonna make my favourite food. Lasagna. I used to use a recipe from the internet and it always tasted really good, but today I'm gonna try out the recipe of my girlfriends mom for the first time, because when I ate lasagna at her house it just tasted incredible and I had to get the recipe. I hope it's gonna be as good as hers, but I'm not quite sure if I can match her cooking skills yet.

Last night I grilled a romaine heart and some chicken, hard boiled an egg, and had that with some sliced tomatoes with mozzarella and basil for dinner. Another fast and, I'm assuming, relatively healthy dinner.

I made a heavy lunch today and am now paying the price as I am extremely lethargic. For lunch I made a two bean burrito (refried and black beans), topped it with a dollop of sour cream and some shredded lettuce and diced tomatoes. I paired that--as if I needed anything else--with some rice.

I made some veggie packed salads for lunch and then never ate them. Have no appetite and when I do it is fleeting. I'll just bring them home and have them with a baked potato for dinner.

We actually ate out last night at Chipotle. It was my son's first experience and I don't think he knew what to think of it! My husband and I thought it was very yummy.

Tonight, I will be making lasagna. I actually wasn't sure what I was going to make but then I started talking about the way I make my lasagna on the slow cooker board. It sounded good while I was thinking about it that I've decided to make that tonight.

Carbonara with chicken cubes and mushroom, over macaroni. I boiled some slices of white radish with the macaroni, tossing them in shortly before the pasta would be cooked. The texture was fine, but I couldn't taste any of the peppery flavor. Gonna stick with raw radishes from now on!

I just made veggie omelets for the family for a lazy Sunday brunch. I sauteed some onions, green peppers and mushrooms and then added the egg. I chopped up some tomato and added it to the top for garnish and extra veggie servings. I used to cook the tomatos with the other veggies but they give off so much water when you cook them it ruined the consistency of the omelet.

I've made a huge tray of lasagne on Friday and portioned and froze it. Tastes great heated up for work lunch today.

Last edited:
For breakfast I made a vegetarian sausage pattie and ate it as a sandwich. Instead of bread I used two slices of tomato and I put a little bit of mozzarella in between to add a few extra calories so the breakfast would have staying power.

Today cooked pancakes in the morning with scrambled eggs. For lunch, I made pork chops with corn & white rice. For dinner, we had baked beans,Mexican rice,and fajitas with flour tortillas & hot sauce. I also made for the first time...a banana cream pie with a graham cracker crust!

I tried some pasta with tuna today, because I wanted to try something different and I normally shy away from tuna. It isn't going to be my favourite meal in the world, but it wasn't all too bad at all. Oh and I also had a basil soup today that tasted excellent. I think I'm gonna make that more often now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom