What did you cook today? (2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The inconsistent weather has left me sick...again. So the only thing I'm contemplating making today is chicken noodle soup. Which means I need to go buy noodles. And chicken. And veggies. I'm apparently ill-prepared.

On the menu for this evening is stuffed bell peppers with a large garden salad and some butter beans. I am making Jello pudding pops for my big kid (hubby) he is totally crazy over those things. I also have a nice cantaloupe chilling for dessert as well.

Oatmeal is my morning meal with either yogurt or fruit with it - or both. A friend gave me some ground turkey and I am trying to decide what I want to do with it later.

So far nothing but I did have a green salad and macaroni salad for breakfast - very tasty. Tonight I won't have time to cook but I will just have leftovers again. Gearing up for the Fourth of July so I will be cooking a lot this weekend.

I am making a homemade pizza tonight with pepperoni, onions and peppers. I will serve a huge green salad to go along with it. Just thinking about it is making me hungry and it is only 10 am.

The homemade pizza was a big hit last night. Tonight I am making bbq pork chops with potato salad and a garden salad to go along with it. I might steam up some broccoli to go along with it as well.

tonight was potato salad (potatoes, finely chopped onion, chopped spring onions, chopped green & yellow peppers, chopped mixed nuts, halved seedless red grapes in a soya yoghurt, soya cream and lemon juice 'dressing') with homemade caramelised onion chutney on homemade raw onion bread...

Dairy free, vegan chocolate chip cookies. I substituted the almond flour for self raising flour not having any almond flour and also the grapeseed oil for sunflower oil given I hadn't even heard of grapeseed oil until today!

IMG_0703.JPG

i cooked some home made mac and cheese and grilled steak. washed it down with some chocolate milk. ahhh soul food lol.

It is the 4th of July today! Today, for lunch I made homemade pepperoni pizza. Its one of our favorites and I love to make it. My husband is planning on grilling hamburgers before we go to watch the fireworks. This will be my son's first year getting to enjoy the fireworks so I'm excited to see how he reacts.

I am making homemade meatloaf for dinner tonight. I think I will also make garlic mashed potatoes and some carrots. I am definitely looking forward to eating tonight!

That sounds delicious. I made spaghetti. I make my sauce homemade and chunky. Tomato sauce and paste, sun dried tomatoes, onion, garlic, oregano, Chili powder, Basil, hamburger meat, Italian sausage, and mushrooms are what I put in my sauce.

Chocolate rice porridge. The first time making it that didn't come out of a quick-cook box...and, actually, it's not that different a process at all. I'll definitely have to do a price-per-gram comparison to see if I should stick to the boxes or gather ingredients separately.

More complex: instant oatmeal in chicken broth with chives and button mushrooms, because I wanted to see what the consistency of oatmeal is really supposed to be, and how well it works as a savory thing. It works very well as a savory thing--needs quail eggs! Consistency-wise, though, I'll stick to my half-step-over-solid oatmeal preference from now on.

I made a green pepper, onion and cheddar omelette. Then I roasted some red peppers and had that as a side instead of a bagel. Really good and I was able to squeeze a few servings of vegetables into my breakfast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom