What did you cook today? (2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cooked scrambled egg today with tons of onions, tomatoes and shiitake mushrooms. It's my staple breakfast. I cook it almost everyday. I just love it. The taste of shiitake is just so good coupled with my favorites, onions and tomatoes.

So far today I have had a sandwich with three different cheeses, roasted peppers and cukes. I used round flatbread which is like a pita but has more body to it. I stick it in the microwave for about a minute to get the cheese melted.

Not quite 'cook' but I have made up 2 batches of raw bread. one is raw onion bread and the other an orange bell pepper & sunflower seed raw bread. This is to add to the hummus made up yesterday. the raw breads should be ready by the morning! :hungry:

Every night is different but tonight it will be pepper steak with green onion, green and red bell pepper, yellow rice and green beans. But it could also change to mashed potatoes and sweet kernel corn!

Nothing special. Made a sandwich with sliced ham, cheese, and lettuce. Also had a banana and a cup of coffee in the morning : ) Only the future will tell what food dinner will bring. Hahaha.

Actually all I did was warm up a few chicken cutlets and make a quickie sandwich. Later on I may make something more or just reheat some rice pilaf and have and obscenely huge spinach salad.

I did up another batch of sweet white miso kale crisps and a homemade indian (15 or so different spices, onions, potatoes, sweet potatoes, tomatoes & kale) yesterday and have made up some 'socca' today. really tasty, can see that one being made again.

I actually made "swedish" meatballs tonight. Not sure if that's the correct term, since I've only ever used the soy sauce and cream way to make them, but I love them. Boyfriend will be excited when he gets home to eat them, too.

Tuna Noodle Cassrole for lunch earlier, which I am still picking at leftovers from. I am pretty traditional with mine, the Campbells Mushroom soup, milk, tuna, etc... I use extra wide egg noodles, and for the breading, I get some seasoned panko and toss them with a little melted butter before adding them to the top. I also throw in a little garlic powder into everything.

This afternoon for dinner was a simple roasted turkey, hot peppers and provolone panini cooked on some ciabatta bread.

Right now, I have a large batch of caramelized onions cooking in my slow cooker. While I am looking forward to them, the smell in my house is killing me right now. These recipes failed to warn how strong this would get.

I cooked my famous stuffed chicken breast. Skinless boneless chicken breast, stuffed with cream cheese, breaded with Parmesan cheese and crushed up Ritz crackers. Baked to perfection, with a baked potato and asparagus, it was amazing!!!!

Today's menu was kind of a blah..I relied on my trusty lasagna and garlic bread to get me throught dinner. Surprisingly it did the job do everyone had a great dinner! I wish I could make it from scratch! That would be interesting.

I'm baking a few potatoes in the oven right now and I'm going to top them with black beans, plain yogurt and salsa! A lazy and easy meal :wink: Later today I'd like to make some banana muffins to freeze for early mornings at work!

Well it is that time of year again - salad time....

So for tonight we have potato salad (potatoes, red grapes, green pepper, spring onions, red onions, black sesame seeds, white sesame seeds, soya cream, soya yoghurt & lemon juice) with various leaves (romaine hearts, then from the garden wild rocket, peppermint, sage, rosemary, parsley, thyme) served with carrots, cucumber, mushrooms, celery, mango and homemade raw onion bread. The potato salad usually features chopped nuts, but I couldn't find any in the cupboard so had to improvise with the sesame seeds instead.

I will add a boiled egg each and then dressings as the person wants - caramelized red onion chutney (homemade), shop bought mayonnaise and wholegrain mustard and possibly some homemade hummus as well...

IMG_0560.JPG

Quiche and fries in the oven, cooked some peas. Just wanted quick and easy this evening. TVC was late coming home so convenience was the thing today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom