What did you cook today? (2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing so far today, packed a salad last night for lunch today. Tonight it will be a baked potato with some corn on the cob. Nice looking corn although it isn't locally grown.

Ugh, I really want to do something with these plantains but they are nowhere near ripe. So, I think I might make that stir fry that I've been putting off for days.

This morning was my usual, scrambled eggs, sausage patties, home fries and english muffins - all with a tall glass of OJ.

This afternoon I am thinking I'm going to make either some chicken or steak "Philly" sandwiches for lunch, since we've also got some peppers and onions and a wedge of provolone I need to use up. I have a pack of shredded ribeye in the freezer I can use, but part of me would rather go with chicken, if I can find some in my freezer instead. I will typically thaw it, then brine it first for about an hour. The brine gives the chicken a different texture, and the meat cuts a lot cleaner once it's cooked.

I plan on cooking chicken breasts in my George Foreman grill. I love that grill, it makes it so easy since I have never really been a 'cook on the grill outside' type of person. And I will have brown rice and a vegetable with the chicken. This is a dinned that I love to make. It is easy, quick and healthy!

Ugh, I really want to do something with these plantains but they are nowhere near ripe. So, I think I might make that stir fry that I've been putting off for days.
Put the plantains in a paper bag overnight. They will ripen up!

I prepared some pancakes made with oat and stuffed them with ham cheese and a white sauce I prepared. It tasted amazing! As I'm currently on my Dukan diet, I sided that with scrambled eggs and just made a dessert with powder milk and powder cocoa. It didn't taste so good because it had sweetener instead of sugar, but it worked!

threw together a quick evening meal... spinach, spring onions, red pepper & avocado tossed in tamari sauce and olive oil, served with roasted courgette, steamed carrot, broccoli & runner beans with a couple of falafels and some homemade patties (grated potato, chopped onion, gram flour, eggs, ground cumin, ground coriander, noble sweet paprika) fried in olive oil. Think the patties needed a touch more cumin & some garlic but otherwise nice and tasty :)

threw together another quick evening meal. had some shortcrust pastry which needed using up and the avocado was needing to be eaten, so...

chopped spinach, chopped lettuce, finely sliced spring onions, red pepper & avocado tossed in tamari sauce, lemon juice and olive oil served with grated carrot & poppy seeds mixed with mayo, some steamed broccoli and a variation on Indian potato pie... mashed potatoes with skins on, onions fried in olive oil, cumin seeds, asafoetida, ground cumin, ground coriander, garam masala, chili flakes, fresh red chilli, crushed garlic, chopped ginger to which I added some fresh peas, lemon juice and fresh coriander mixed together with the mashed potatoes and served baked in a shortcrust pastry. My OH's had a thick slice of tomato on the top, but inside the pastry...

Put the plantains in a paper bag overnight. They will ripen up!

I'm late on the response but thanks for the tip! I got to make my plantains finally and they were perfect!

Let's see, yesterday I made a stir fry with tofu and veggies. Simple but tasty. And I made enough to have it for dinner today as well.

I cooked baked pork chops along with fried rice and corn. I was looking for something quick yet tasty.

I currently have 9lb's of onions being made into caramelised onion chutney. the last batch did not last very long, barely making it to the 2 months maturing in jars stage before we were on the final jar (its meant to mature in the jars for 2 months). Also on the go is a batch of aged cashew nut cheese which was started on Friday and has now made it to the fridge to sit there maturing for the next 3 weeks - that also could be wishful thinking!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom