What did you cook today? (2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't cooked yet today, unless you count coffee. I do plan on cooking some chicken and pasta in a bit so my husband has food to take for his lunch the rest of the work week. For myself I'll make a smoothie and sandwich for lunch. For dinner I want to try out a new chicken teriyaki recipe in my slow cooker, and I might try my hand at making rice on the stove to go with it since my slow cooker is also a rice cooker, and I only have one.

Spinach tortellini with garlic sauce and sundried tomato chicken sausage.
This is really easy and economical. I browned the sausage in a shallow pan, followed by oil to saute the onions and peppers.
After removing the veggies, I filled it with 3 cups of hot water. Once it began to boil, I added the pasta and cooked for 4 minutes, stirring continuously.
Pasta was slightly drained and covered for a minute to allow additional cooking. After adding veggies, I covered in sauce and mixed evenly.
Letting it sit for at least an hour covered will let the flavors blend.

This thread is making me hungry lol. Anyway, today, I cooked sausage and hash browns for breakfast, and I do love hash browns so I'm fairly cheerful about that. Later on, I'm planning on preparing a roast pork rib with barbecue sauce, but I'll only be doing the prep work today and I'll probably be able to cook that tomorrow.

It's just 7:30am so I've not cooked anything today, yet. I plan on making oatmeal for breakfast and chicken salad sandwiches for lunch. I'm taking my daughter to McDonalds for supper so no need to cook.

yesterday was a cooking day...
  • Raw onion bread in the dehydrator.
  • Cashew nut cheese currently still in the dehydrator (but as an incubator rather than dehydrator).
  • Homemade butterbean & cumin pate.
  • Aubergine & black eyed pea Indian curry for evening meal - will cover tonight as well!

I`m thinking on doing a nice chicken stew, with lots of veg and sour cream. I came across a cheap kilo of chicken breast today, and if I make a stew, I would have nice comfort food for a couple of days.

We cook/prepare vegetables stew and fried fish for today for our lunch. Including the usual rice and we also have a gelatin for dessert.

Beef tenderloin! It was really good, and I'm proud to say that after years of practice, my mother finally got the formula of the tenderloin that everyone in the house likes, haha! Unfortunately, she wouldn't share the formula with us, so none of us could try cooking it too. She says this is "punishment" for our teasing her all the time, haha.

Baked beans on toast for lunch, quick and easy after a very hectic morning at work, pie, oven chips and peas for dinner, my husband was tiling in the kitchen and work space was limited so something easy. Meals tomorrow will be easy as still more tiling to do, Sunday we will cook properly.

I made a pork/chicken curry today. It was awesome, even though I had to replace coconut milk with regular sour cream. Also, the recipe required a curry sauce made with fresh ingredients, but I just substituted that with a pre packaged curry powder made of chilies, ginger, cinnamon and turmeric. I used fresh pork neck with leftover fried chicken breast, which got really soft, once it boiled in that curry and cream sauce.

So far this morning, I made two sausage, egg and cheese burritos with salsa. They actually came out much bigger than I was expecting, so now I am pretty stuffed. We bought a different brand of flour tortillas and these new ones were a bit thicker and more doughy. Also, I decided to use three eggs instead of the usual two, and for some reason they cooked up into a much bigger pile of scrambled eggs.

This afternoon I am going to attempt to make a brisket for the first time. I am still debating on how I am going to prepare it. Part of me wants to just cook it over carrots, celery and onions then top it with some beef broth. But I also saw another recipe that sounded good and simply called for BBQ sauce, soy sauce and water mixed together into a loose gravy.

Today, I cooked nothing. I made lentil soup yesterday that I never got around to eating. It's in the fridge, I still haven't eaten it, though I'm hungry.

We had BBQ'd chicken (I could live on Honey Hickory BBQ sauce), brussel sprouts, mushroom risotto and a spring mix garden salad (with Ranch dressing).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom