What did you cook today? (2015)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are having an easy dinner tonight.,, frito chili pie. We just divide the fritos between the bowls, top with canned chili and grated cheese then pop the bowls in the mircrowave to heat. We then top it with diced onion and tomatoes,, I like lots of tomatoes on mine. It is quick and easy, everyone in the house likes it and does not mess up a lot of dishes. The perfect meal for a dreary, rainy Sunday afternoon.

I made classic Filipino Pork Adobo with white rice. I also had kimchi leftover from last night so I ate that too, it added spice to the whole dinner affair. I drank a glass of red wine and had ice cream afterwards now I'm pretty much ready to go to sleep. :)

I made classic Filipino Pork Adobo with white rice. I also had kimchi leftover from last night so I ate that too, it added spice to the whole dinner affair. I drank a glass of red wine and had ice cream afterwards now I'm pretty much ready to go to sleep. :)
I've just ordered some kimchi over the internet. Its impossible to find here and I'm craving for it. I suppose I ought to make my own.

I made pork fried rice. It's a great way to use up leftover rice. I use bacon, left over pork roast, peas, corn, green onions, chinese sausage. Add soy sauce and oyster sauce. It reheats great for lunch the next day too.

Another couple of loaves of sourdough are in the fridge proofing as we speak. They were started last night making the pre-ferment from the starter and today that was ready to make the dough. One of the loaves is 100% wholemeal chapatti flour (atta fine) which is much cheaper than getting wholemeal flour in 1.5kg sized bags because my local supermarket sells it for £4 for a 10kg bag and the fibre content is higher in the atta fine flour than in the 100% wholemeal flour in 1.5kg bags which I really don't understand, but the chapatti flour makes for a really nice loaf of bread! The other is 100% wholemeal rye flour which is much more different to handle and one I am still learning. Today it seemed much softer than last time, so I might have worked it out. Time will tell. Both loaves are now in their loaf tins in the fridge to proof overnight before being taken out tomorrow morning and cooked tomorrow afternoon/evening depending on how warm the day is!

I made asian chicken thighs on the bbq . They were boneless skinless thighs marinaded overnight in garlic, ginger, soy sauce, brown sugar, rice wine vinegar and sesame oil. I topped them with chopped cilantro and sesame seeds. I served it with white rice, asian cole slaw and a mango salsa. The thighs were tender, juiicy and sticky. My kids love them.

I made pork schnitzel, potatoes and salad. The schnitzel came prebreaded from the grocery store. It's super easy to fry up and delicious.

I made macaroni and steamed cabbage. I do not normally cook cabbage beyond 3 minutes as I like it crunchy to taste. I had some beef stew on the side which was spicy enough to taste. An easy and tasty meal to cook when not into something detailed.

I made a marinaded top sirloin steaks in soy sauce, honey and chopped fresh garlic, lots of garlic. Then grilled on the bbq. I served it with rice and corn. It's super quick to make and tastes yummy.

Pasta with sausages and pepper. For my husband who loves spice foods, I'll use hot Italian sausages and for myself and the kids I use sweet Italian sausages. I love farfalle pasta. Top it with freshly grated parmesan cheese.

Got a buffet on tonight ,crushed pea and pecorino crostini,Serrano ham palmiers,smoked salmon pin wheels,as canapés
whole poached decorated salmon,maple chicken ,goats cheese and red pepper wellingtons,loads of nice salads then ,brownie or raspberry brûlée ,cocktails on arrival ,been pressing buffet table clothes all morning
Maybe pictures to follow if I get time!

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom