What did you cook today? (2015)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have been having close to 100 degree days, today was the first cool day with rain. It was a good day for chili, I made a pot of chili for the family and served it with some chips.

I had a cup of coffee this morning with some orange juice. I made garlic fried rice, steamed a sausage and served it with a soft-boiled egg.

For lunch I had smoked salmon with guacamole and whole wheat toast. I had a side of mango for dessert and lime juice.

For dinner I put a T-bone steak on the grill, added some garlic, butter and S&P to taste and cooked it until it was medium well. Along with the steak I had some French beans and Blackberry infused wine. I always have a great time cooking and eating.

For lunch, I made myself a turkey burger with a side of oven baked precooked sun dried tomato ravioli and cup of black coffee. For dinner, I plan on making a pulled pork sub but I'm still undecided on a side dish. I'm leaning towards a vegetable slaw with celery and carrots.

I made a beef stew in the crock pot with carrots, celery, potatoes, onions, red wine, beef broth, garlic and thyme. I love making meals in the crock pot. By supper time the house smelled amazing. I served it with a crusty Italian loaf to soak up the gravy.

yesterday I made Iranian herbed bean stew. It is one of these epics that starts the previous day with all the beans and wheat being soaked and then gets cooked and assembled. loads of herbs and some spices in it, some herbs I had not encountered until I first made it, and now I have the seeds for them I can grown them myself because they are quite hardy.
I will be eating it for the next few days and I suspect a portion or two will also find its way into the freezer as well.. :whistling:

For breakfast I had crispy pork belly, garlic fried rice and scrambled eggs. Great way to start the day I'd say I love protein scrambles in the morning. :)

Today dinner time is already near 2 hours from now here in our place. I will just cook simple dish like zucchini patties, seaweed soup and seasoned tofu for our meat substitute. At least twice or thrice a week we had free meat days at home.

Roasted chicken with grilled potatoes and a garden salad. The chicken was on sale this week so it was quite reasonable and it's so easy to roast a chicken. I like to season the skin with salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder, thyme.

I am going simple today considering Sunday is big cooking day. I cooked a chicken stew, rice, cole slaw, pickled cucumber, steamed okras and candied sweet potatoes.Simple I guess.

I'm doing chicken wings in my Tfal Actifry. I like to make it spicy wings for my husband. We add siracha, Texas hot sauce and jalapeno peppers to make hot wings. He loves them. For the kids we just use salt and pepper. Wings come out nice and crispy. Best part about it is you haven't used any oil. The Tfal Actifry does an amazing jobs making wings. It uses hot air to cook the food. It has a rotating arms inside it to move the food around. You don't use any oil to cook wings and other foods you only use a Tbsp. It's so easy, and a healthier option.

I cooked the leftover roasted pig we had from last night's party. I just added some garlic, soy sauce and let it cook in its own fat. It was great for lunch and dinner but I think I won't be having pig for a while because I don't think I can eat any more of it.

I made a sunflower, honey and dark rye sourdough at the end of last week. Well we tried it yesterday and it is divine...
There is very little of it left, so I have had to photo a slice of it instead. It is wonderfully nutting and ever so slightly sweet, very moist and I doubt I will every make one as good again...

DSC_0212b.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom