What did you cook today? (2015)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This morning I ate scrambled eggs, white rice and tuna flakes in oil. By lunch time I had the pleasure of eating a rib eye steak from a mountain steakhouse restaurant, medium well with a side of gravy. I also had brewed Barako coffee, the strong kind that farmers drink in the provinces. I had a really great Sunday, I still think about all the delicious foods I ate today. Dinner was grilled tuna, Philippine adobo and fried rice. :)

Last night we had friends over and we had a nice buffet of beef fajitas and pulled pork made on the BBQ. We forgot to get buns so we had the pulled pork in the tortilla wraps. I must say it was a nice change from serving pulled pork on buns. As side dishes there was a quinoa salad, corn on the cob, coleslaw.

We did a lot of cooking today which is weird since I'm always working late. I fixed some eggs, hash browns, and pancakes for breakfast. Then for lunch I ate a regular tuna salad with spinach and tomato. For dinner we fixed a chicken lasagna with honey rolls and steamed broccoli.

I made meatballs with a mushroom sauce and I served it over white rice. Easy and delicious.

Well this was a little embarrassing, but I had taken a nap earlier, and when I woke up at 6:30 *PM* for some reason I thought I had slept through the night and woke up at 6:30 *AM*, so I jumped out of bed and ran downstairs to make myself some breakfast. The sun was still out, and it looked like it was morning. I even fed my cats again assuming they were starving (not that they were complaining! lol). The rest of my family was looking at me like I was nuts, and it wasn't until after I finished eating that I looked down at the date on my computer and realized what time it really was, lol.

Anyhow, we had just gotten a bunch of lunch meats and cheeses, including some of my favorite hard salami along with some smoked provolone, so I made an egg sandwich with it. It's pretty straightforward, I cut up several slices of the salami and cook them over low heat so they sweat out all their fat and just start to crisp up a bit, then throw in some beaten eggs and a little black pepper. Then put them scrambled eggs on toasted Italian bread with the smoked provolone. Sometimes I will broil it to melt the cheese further. I like cooking the eggs in the fat from the salami for a nice change of pace from the usual butter or vegetable oil.

Chicken parm. I breaded my own chicken cutlets and then put homemade tomato sauce and sliced mozzarella on top. I served it with buttered spaghetti. For dessert we have mini chocolate eclairs.

Chicken quesadillas. I used leftover chicken that I had in the fridge, added cheddar cheese and mozzarella, onions, mushrooms, red peppers. Served with cilantro sour cream and hot sauce.

Well, it is early here yet. I am not planning on doing too much cooking, to be honest, because I am going to town so I will probably get a salad. I am going to a picnic tomorrow though if it doesn't rain. I plan to bring some brownie, so I might make them tonight when it is cool.

I was woken up in the middle of the night by dramatic storms overhead, and my boisterous neighbors, so I got up and made a cup of tea and peanut butter toast. Since then, I had a fried egg on toast. Obviously today is going to be a take it easy kind of day, since I couldn't get back to sleep, so I won't take a chance on doing much actual cooking.

Today I cooked hamburger meat with potatoes, carrots, cabbage with tomato sauce and seasoning. It is a soup served with homemade flour tortillas and rice. I must say it came out really good.

Today I cooked hamburger meat with potatoes, carrots, cabbage with tomato sauce and seasoning. It is a soup served with homemade flour tortillas and rice. I must say it came out really good.
Great that you make your own tortillas! I make flatbreads, which I suppose are similar. So much better than shop bought.

Butter chicken in the slow cooker, served with white rice and naan bread. It has so much flavour with all the ginger, garlic, curry powder. I use coconut milk, greek yogurt, and half and half cream. It makes for a creamy rich sauce. The naan bread is perfect for scooping up the remaining sauce. My kids just love it. Start it in the morning and it's ready when you get home and house smells amazing.

Great that you make your own tortillas! I make flatbreads, which I suppose are similar. So much better than shop bought.
I agree they really are. I would love to have your flatbread recipe, I love eating it but I have never made it homemade!! Homemade just taste better... Yes, and you are right, flatbread and Tortillas are similar.

I agree they really are. I would love to have your flatbread recipe, I love eating it but I have never made it homemade!! Homemade just taste better... Yes, and you are right, flatbread and Tortillas are similar.
Well, I'll post a flatbread recipe tomorrow. Its dead easy! But its one o'clock in the morning in the UK and I shouldn't be here!

Well, I'll post a flatbread recipe tomorrow. Its dead easy! But its one o'clock in the morning in the UK and I shouldn't be here!
Oh ok, that would be great!! it is 7 pm here in the US, a big time difference.... I am sometimes on here at 1 or 2 AM when I can't sleep. I will check back for your recipe, really looking forward to it. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom