What did you cook today? (2015)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today the weather here in our place is becoming cold already and it is a sign winter is coming...

But tonight I cooked the following for our dinner a healthy meal

Last edited:
We had dinner for tonight...

Creamy Tofu with Green Pepper

Attachments

• 20150803_181351.jpg
    20150803_181351.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 158
Nowadays I tried simple and healthy cooking most of the time but during weekends I always cook something special dishes.

I marinaded boneless chicken thighs in a cilantro pesto. My son is allergic to nuts so I make my pesto with fresh cilantro leaves, garlic, olive oil, salt, pepper in my food processor. Then I bake the chicken thighs, and serve with rice and corn on the cob. It's so fresh tasting and easy to make.

I marinaded chicken breasts in olive oil, garlic, oregano, lemon juice and then cut them up and BBQ them on skewers. I served it with roasted garlic potatoes and steamed green beans. My love tzakiki with their chicken and there is nothing more fun for kids than eating meat off a stick.

I made carrot muffins for breakfast and for supper I'm making thinly sliced chicken pieces that has been lightly floured and fried then added to a creamy pasta with sundried tomatoes with a garden salad on the side.

So far today apart from setting out breakfast for the tribe I made them all lunch.
I cut up an avocado, covered it in freshly squeezed lime juice.
To this I added a generous helping of red kidney beans and halved cherry tomatoes.
Then I sprinkled fresh, chopped coriander leaves and crumbled feta cheese over the top.
Popped it into the waiting lunch boxes and handed one to each tribe member.

Healthy lunch in under ten minutes.

MM

I made a creamy mac and cheese. I used old cheddar cheese, mozzarella, and parmesan cheese, garlic, dijon mustard and thyme to make the cheese sauce. I also add ham and bacon bits. My kids love it. It's such great comfort food.

Made my favorite smoothie this morning.
Simply chop up, one quarter of a fennel bulb with one pear. Add teaspoon of cinnamon, and a tablespoon of cocoa powder with a tablespoon of cocoa nibs for extra flavour.
Add a glass of almond milk and top off with water before whizzing until smooth.

image.jpg

A batch of old Sarum blue cheese soufflés ,and sold most of them at lunch time,
The picture does not do it justice ,they were massive and we sent a picture to one of my chefs on holiday ss he can't touch the masters soufflés skills:dance:

I'm making spaghetti tonight. I base my dinner by what's on sale and ground beef is on sale this week. The kids love spaghetti and it's cold and rainy day here so garlic bread, spaghetti and a garden salad it will be. The good thing about making spaghetti is I can add all sort of extra vegetables to the sauce and the kids don't know they are eating vegetables. I usually put zucchini, carrots, celery into my food process and pulse until it's chopped finely. Once in the sauce it melts right in.

I had a breakfast of oats with honey, orange juice and black coffee. For lunch I made Greek salad with a lot of grapes, nuts and feta cheese. I'm still thinking about what I'm gonna have for dinner, probably a steak and red wine. :)

I made up another 2 sourdough loaves and left them proving in the fridge.
One is a 500g dark rye, 750g sourdough pre-ferment (42½:42½:15 dark rye: water: sunflower seeds), 10g sea salt and 150g honey made into a firmer dough than normal for my rye breads. The other is 750g dark rye, 1kg pre-ferment, 10g salt, 75g honey and 125g date syrup. It's a much wetter mixture, more like a batter than a dough and will be poured into the bread tin tomorrow!
I also finished of making up a batch of cashew nuts cheese which has been split into 2 batches, one flavours with garlic and herbs which makes for a very nice clean and sharp roulade. The other has garlic, cumin, coriander and paprika in it. They will be very nice to eat!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom