What did you cook today? (2015)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I made chicken enchilada caserole, with corn tortillas, shredded chicken, green onions, cream cheese, chicken broth, green sauce from a jar, shredded cheddar and sour cream.

I cooked vermicelli and rice with a nice cheese-sauce and a twinge of taco-seasoning. Using that as a base, I browned one pound of meat (any meat would have worked, from beef to turkey and chicken) but I selected chicken. I used this sauce to create a burrito filling and as the only bread-type product I owned as tortilla shells... I had tacos/burritos.

Often, I shop at GFS. It is Gordon Food's Service, GFS, that caters primarily to restaurants. They allow everybody to shop there. However, the containers are large sizes of frozen and canned foods. I most purchase frozen collard greens from GFS.
Today I steamed yellow pepper rings at the bottom of a pot. Then I place a box of those frozen collard greens on top of the pepper rings. It took over an hour and a half but the result was a super delicious and nutritious pot of steamed collard greens. :thumbsup:

Today our dish is just simple but a healthy one. I cooked zuchinni and onion leeks pancake and seaweed soup with bits of stripped beef. These is always been a good combination of dish for me and my husband and it always makes our eating to be satisfied all the time.

I haven't cooked anything yet today but I did make a great meal last night.I made lasagna roll ups and caesar salad. I used to have a recipe for the lasagna roll ups but never used it and yesterday I just felt like something different. I checked the cupboards and fridge and had some lasagna noodles and lots of cheese. I also had a few roma tomatoes, so put it all together with a simple marinara sauce and presto, dinner was served. Well not exactly, I did have to make the caesar salad too but that was easy and I admit I used bottled dressing !

I'm currently recovering from a flu so the first thing I did after I managed to get out of bed is make me a nice chicken porridge with slices of hard boiled egg, toasted garlic and freshly minced onion leeks. I also made a pitcher of lime juice with just enough honey. I definitely felt better after finishing my meal.

I just made breakfast of scrambled eggs, fried potatoes and onions with diced ham. The little one if off to school. Better than cold cereal on a cold day.

I am doing a bit of cheating today. I will be reheating cabbage rolls that I put in the freezer a couple of weeks ago. I made a big batch of about 50 cabbage rolls and gave some away and froze them for an easy dinner. I will probably make a tossed salad to go with them.

I bought some gluten free pasta and I am going to prepare some today with some chicken breast. Let's call it WinteryBella's GlutenFree pasta chicken Experimento. Quite a "mouthful". Anyway, that's what I will be doing. Experimenting with my first ever gluten free pasta. I like to throw in a salad so that will be on the menu as well.

Tonight, I cooked Chicken Vesuvius, which is basically a tomato based pasta dish with chicken and lots of hot chilli. We had garlic flatbread on the side. It was just the thing for the cold UK weather!

For dinner I cooked perch (fish) and served coleslaw with it. I didn't have time to make my own coleslaw so I bought a small container of it from the grocery store. The perch , I coated with flour and fried until golden brown. It may not be the healthiest of meals but its not something I make all the time. Perch is quite expensive so we treat ourselves every once in awhile.

I made a dish of stir fried vegetables using Oyster Sauce for flavoring. I also make a pot of rice using a teaspoon of turmeric for a nice yellow color. Sounds sort of boring, but it tasted pretty good and will probably fry a bit of minced pork later on in the evening and put it all together for dinner.

002.jpg

Making marinara sauce in my new never-burn stock pot, for spaghetti & meatballs!! :wink: :cook:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom