What did you cook today? (2015)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today I'm planning on making fish fillet pan fries before adding it to some coconut milk. It's an old recipe and I'm not really sure if I remember it correctly but I'll try it today coz it was so damn tasty. First I fry some onions then I add some chopped tomatoes. As the tomatoes fully cook I add some spices and some salt. Prior to this the fish fillet should have been pan fried on a non-stick pan. So then you add the coconut milk and the fish and let it boil as all the flavors get into the fish. I know most of you are wondering what in the world am I talking about but just try tthat dish with some rice. really tasty.

I did something a little traditional this morning. I did a simple green peas and rice and a chicken stew. Will also havs aoms left over bake pork and the usual cole slaw and toss salad that is typical of a Sunday meal in Bim.

bombay potatoes ,rice pilaff,chicken thigh and tomato curry and pork jalfrezi ,but i cheated with the 50p fresh naam breads from the bakers,fresh chutneys and popadoms

Tonight, I'm cooking chilli con carne with rice, sour cream and nachos. Not particularly adventurous I know, but I just fancy a massive plateful of something spicy tonight. Plus, theres always leftovers.

Tonight, I'm cooking chilli con carne with rice, sour cream and nachos. Not particularly adventurous I know, but I just fancy a massive plateful of something spicy tonight. Plus, theres always leftovers.

I made chili as well! Did you make it the traditional way? I just wacked all the ingredients together into the crockpot and left it there. Came out delicious.

I did it on the hob, but only let it cook for an hour. Crock pot chilli is the best by far though - all that time for the flavours to develop - mmm!

I have made a very delicious seafood soup. It is a combination of crab, shrimps and shells. I added some squid and fish balls. I add some mushroom to add some flavors.

I cooked some red cabbage yesterday to go with liver and bacon. The sliced cabbage was slow stewed with a little apple in a small amount of water and balsamic vinegar. There was some left over, so tonight I fried some onion, red pepper and courgette and pork sausages, and added the cooked cabbage, and served the lot over pasta. It worked rather well!

I literally just finished a tin full of egg muffins with a toasty wheat bottom, sharp cheddar & turkey center, & sunny side egg top. So beautiful.

I have made a very delicious seafood soup. It is a combination of crab, shrimps and shells. I added some squid and fish balls. I add some mushroom to add some flavors.

A really good suggestion a friend gave me was to put some puff pastry on top of the soup and then put it into the oven so the pastry cooks. It's actually really really delicious, and a good substitute for a bread bowl

A really good suggestion a friend gave me was to put some puff pastry on top of the soup and then put it into the oven so the pastry cooks. It's actually really really delicious, and a good substitute for a bread bowl
cobbler works the same way as well and if you like you can add cheese or various herbs to the cobbler depending on what the soup is.
Yell if you want the recipe and I will post it in the soups sections.

2xdozen banana tart tatans
30 creme brulles
boned and confit 5 guinea fowels
fennel and apple broth
chorizo cssoulette
seamed out a haunch venison and juniper marinaded
12 blue cheese twice baked souffle

I made a mix veg curry with a twist. Before adding the veg I added onion seeds, aniseed, cumin, fengurk ( I think that's how you spell it) seeds and mustard seeds. It was divine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom