What did you cook today? (2015)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I made a thai green curry with cod fish, aubergines, courgettes, 2 types of beans, and tomatoes. Was wonderfully vivid in colour and taste :)

Having some more of that delicious spaghetti & meatballs tonight!

Should taste even better now!! :cook: :wink:

I just got done making a giant pot of matzo ball soup & it's only 6 am! The temperature here is ridiculously cold & I thought this soup would be perfect to reheat after work for myself & the family. I like making the matzo balls the size of tennis balls so there's one big ball in the broth. Personal preference & I just find it adorable to watch people eat it.

It is absolutely freezing here, right now I'm baking some bread and later I'm going to make some tomato vegetable soup with chicken. Need something nice and warm so I can be cozy! This morning I didn't make much, just some eggs and toast, I might work on some sugar cookies later too..I haven't decided. My boyfriend is on a Young Life retreat this weekend, so we are not getting Valentines together..he sugar cookies though, so I may surprise him with those when he gets back!

I marinaded a pork shank over night, and put it in the slow cooker before work this morning for pulled pork. Made a quick coleslaw when I got in, and some BBQ sauce, and served it all with some crusty bread. :hungry:

This morning I made what I suppose to some people is considered a "Spanish Omelette" though I don't think it's an authentic one, which I believe is more like an egg and potato fritatta. This was more like the ones I got when I was in the diners in Manhattan years ago - it was red and green peppers and onions, sauteed then cooked into a spicy red sauce. This stewed mixture was used as the filling for the omelette, then they dumped more of it over the top of the omelette after rolling it. I get a little tired of the usual "cheese plus..." fillings I normally put in mine so this was a nice change of pace. Plus spicy foods in the morning help wake me up and get me going.

I was a little impatient to make some home fries from scratch to go along with them, but normally I would have chopped and parboiled some potatoes, then fried them up until crispy as well. However I just threw a baked potato in the oven for a "Brunch" snack before I cook lunch later.

I managed to make up a double batch of scones.

This is more of an achievement than many will realise because I have a bad back still, can't sit up at all, can't stand for long and spend most of my day lying down because it is all I can do currently!.

I cooked a simple meal today. It is just a ground pork soup. I saute onions and garlic in olive oil then add tomatoes and the ground beef. After that I added 2 glasses of water and add some salt and seasonings to taste. Presto I have my ground pork soup. I like to have it with rice yummy.

003.jpg
004.jpg
007.jpg

Supper tonight.

Spaghetti Sausage & Cheese Quiche. :wink:

Tomato and onion soup , with extra garlic, chive, leek and a heap full of broccoli. Before a pork in glass noodles with mushrooms and fresh ginger .
Need to make use of some leftovers and add some warmth in this cold and windy weather.

I cooked carbonara today. Yummy. We have a visitor in our house today and among her favorite is pasta so we decided to cooked special homemade creamy carbonara for her. I added a lot of sweet ham and bacon but less mushroom.

I hope she likes it. :hungry:

Today I made shashouka, it's a middle eastern dish that's basically baked eggs in tomato sauce. I don't currently have an oven so I just made it on the stovetop. Really easy, simple and pretty good for a quick meal

Today I made shashouka, it's a middle eastern dish that's basically baked eggs in tomato sauce. I don't currently have an oven so I just made it on the stovetop. Really easy, simple and pretty good for a quick meal
We often do something similar with a homemade pasta sauce and about 10 minutes from the end, crack eggs into it and then don't stir until they are cooked. My step father introduced us to it many years ago and he got it from his son's partner who is Israeli.
It completely change the flavour of the eggs but it is really nice!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom