What did you cook today? (2015)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wanted to cook porridge and made an appointment last night. But when I open the electric rice cooker this morning, they just become rice.

:cry::cry:

This morning for breakfast, I made some yummy scrambled eggs. I like to cook them with salt, pepper, and a little bit of milk mixed in.

For lunch, I had a lovely salad. I used a small baby caesar lettuce, celery, some red pepper that I diced up, some slices of carrot, some ham, and some white cheddar cheese. I topped it off with some ranch dressing and black pepper. It was really good and quite filling!

I'm not really sure what's on tap for dinner tonight. What are you all having?

I made nothing and I am starving. I am going to have to stop typing and get to preparing me something for breakfast/brunch. I have not had breakfast all week and I know that's not good. I am going to have some eggs, ham and cheese and some fruit. I am trying not to eat too much bread but I am going to play around with some wheat buns I don't want to go off. I am still thinking about whether I will prepare something for later in the evening or eat out.

I've served a wine and olive oil event tonight for 25 people and a full restaurant
They had Serrano ham and mozerella salad with a pepper and melon purée
Then seared salmon with roasted lemon and coriander quinoa and aubergene caneloni
Then a chicken and leek lasagna with olive oil potato purée and fine beans
They get to try various high grade oils and reginal wines
Then baked custard tart with a raspberry curd ice but no oil with the sweet
image.jpg

I just wanted to share the dinner I made last night, because it ended up coming out pretty tasty. If you enjoy spicy food that is easy to make, this is for you! I marinated some chicken breast in Encona hot sauce (nice flavor and what a bite!) for about 4 hours. I then cut it into bits and cooked it in a bit of olive oil. As that was cooking, I boiled some penne pasta. When both were ready, I mixed the Encona hot sauce with some ranch dressing and coated both the penne and the chicken in it. Once it was all coated, I moved it into a pan, spread some shredded cheddar cheese on it, and baked until it bubbled. It was so yummy and so easy!! And I have leftovers for lunch today, which I am really looking forward to :hungry:

Was pointed this way by my welcome letter so I thought I'd give it a go. Given that its Easter, my meal was a bit more time consuming than it usually is. I made rib roast, Yorkshire Pudding, honey-glazed carrots and Easter Sweet Bread. Of coarse, we also had the usual deviled egg and not so usual marble cake. I think we all gained 20 pounds today and I'm looking forward to a good spring cleanse/fast, although, I should have done that when the dandilions popped.

I made baked parmesan crusted chicken with some angel hair pasta and some Vodka sauce from Trader Joes, simple but delicious

I don't usually fry food, but I have notice my grandson's do not eat all of the meat if I bake it, I have to find things to do with the leftover meat. When I fry the chicken they eat all of the food and I do not have leftovers that sometimes I do wind up throwing out because they do not eat it. I fried chicken last night and there are no leftovers.

Tonight, I made a sausage and bean gratin. Really, it's just a tin of baked beans, a tin of tomatoes, some tomato puree, chopped onion and chillies simmered together for a while, topped with sliced potato and put in the oven for half an hour. I also added 4 sausages, cut into small pieces, although this dish is just as good without any meat at all. I'll often put a red pepper or a courgette in there too if I have them handy.

full family lunch all sat down to a mega sized lasagna garlic bread and mixed salads,with sticky date and toffee pudding and cheese and biscuits,
then latter we had cream tea with homemade scones,our own raspberry jam and clotted cream,with local watercress sandwiches and loose leaf tea,
a great restful sunday,i don't get many so this one was valuable

I made some banh mi today! Banh mi is a Vietnamese sandwich, basically. Mine had some pate, pickled veg and cured meats. Really tasty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom