What did you cook today? (2015)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm in the middle of making the sweetened fried pickles I was worried about yesterday! I'm doing a wonderful group of fried pickles and will try them with some pre-made ranch dressing. I'll decide if I like the homemade ones from there. After that, if I like the sweetened fried pickles, I will be making them again at a later date but will be using a homemade ranch dressing at that point.

I heated up some soup for lunch then dinner was a spatchcock chicken in the oven for 70 minutes and med style veg in the oven for 40 minutes. Not exactly cooking but we were both busy today and neither of us had the want to cook properly.

Family lunch just the 4 of us this week roast chicken ,home made stuffing and bread sauce then vegetable fest,spinach purple broccoli ,cauliflower mornay,fine beans ,carrots,swede then we did a farmers market today so we will have cheeses and biscuits with quince cheese ( a type of quince jam)and watercress

image.jpg

We have a french party from valognes , 40 portions of traditional bread and butter pudding will serve with custard

Today, its my favorite dish ever since i was a kid: red beans and rice with smoked sausage in it. This is one of this recipes that I'll change up, so I can try to find the best ingridients .

got guests tomorrow coming from a very posh hotel,so have been preping food this evening,
I've boned and rolled 2 chickens and stuffed them with sausage meat and sage rolled in bacon,we've got slow cooked shoulder and pork belly cooked two ways on the go ,i smoked some trout for a starter,cooked a piece of sirloin ,have made two types of looky likey wellingtons one with spinach basil goats cheese and pine nuts and one with onion seeds roasted peppers cream cheese and a red pepper confit and Serrano ham ,a selection of nice salads,we will serve the pork with brioche rolls,
and then big sticky puddings ,sticky toffee pudding and bread and butter pudding and a top cheese board
all prep work done,I'm on a alcohol free period at the moment so had to get my self some local apple juice and some malbec and some of this https://groceries.morrisons.com/webshop/product/M-Signature-Verdicchio/243049011
for those in the uk its worth a try

Last night I made homemade pizza with a gluten free crust. I made my own pizza sauce as well. It was topped with tons of veggies (i.e., olives, onions, green and red peppers, chives, cilantro, and garlic), and very delicious!

I made a white garlic chicken herb pizza. I did not make my dough as the recipe calls for but hey it was wheat at least. It's got this great roasted garlic milk base with red onions, chicken and of course cheese. I really will eat anything with cheese and garlic. And so will my kids, yeah. It's actually supposed to be a "healthy" recipe but when you eat a few to many slices, I think that is negated. :)

Last night for 44 people we did a seasonal food and wine pairing night
Olives and goats cheese palmiers
Chicken liver parfait with butternut squash and ginger jam,Melba toast
Test valley trout fillet roasted with a cray fish mousse and a fennel and dill sauce
French trimmed rack of lamb ,ratatouille stuffed tomatoes ,dauphinoise pots and a Rosemary and burnt onion purree
Then a assistte of rhubarb ,iced parfait,pannacotta,roasted in honey a antique port,purree,candied,and a cardamom syrup,garnish with ginger crumb , tuilles and micro red vein sorrel
Then coffee and petit fours
With every course we serve different wines and cognac with the coffee
These events are hard to produce but this event I really enjoyed
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

I made hot roast beef sandwiches, with au jus sauce. With homemade bread rolls. It was very good.

I cook everyday for my family. Today I prepared cooked half-riped plantains and green bananas along with steamd mackerel in cocnut milk. I also made sauted vegetables of pak choi and carrots with onions, sweet pepper, tomatoes and spices. I know they're gonna love it.

I cooked beef stew. I got discount beef at the grocery yesterday, so I made soup. :) My nephews love it, too! I added potatoes and pechay for much needed vegetables. :)

I did not have the time to go to the grocery today. What I have on my refrigerator were a slice of carrots, one big bunch of celery stalks and a sweet onion. I got no time to prepare for my food today so I made a quick stir fry using those ingredients I mentioned. I used a knob of butter to marry all the sliced ingredients together. It came out like a side dish though but I love it

Today, I just fried fish and some eggplants. They are great with fried rice, tomatoes, and fish sauce. :) There are days when I get tired of eating pork or beef, so I just eat fish and vegetables. :) Very simple and easy to cook!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom