What did you cook today? (2015)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is Saturday morning and getting close to lunchtime. I am going to take egg roll wrappers that I got at Publix (only place I can get them here) and put slices of pepperoni, a piece of mozerella cheese and a dab of spagetti sauce on them, then roll them up and fry them. Yum,, Italian egg rolls. My grandson will love them,, and I think I will find them tasty, too. I like to try something different every once in awhile and these sound awesome.

I made a homemade vegetarian pizza. I always have vegetables in my fridge so I normally just chop everything up and put it on a pre-made base that has been smothered in tomato sauce that I had pre-made (!) and some mozzerella/ or any type of cheese that you have in the fridge.
The vegetables I used this time was: sweetcorn, mushrooms, red peppers, brocoli, and oinion but nearly any combination goes well!

My husband made this for breakfast this morning, smoked salmon, scrambled eggs, chorizo on toast

DSCN1958.JPG

Today, I made pork soup. I love using pork leg to make soups because it makes the broth tastier. I added some vegetables like bok choy, string beans, and potatoes. I also made sweetened cassava. :)

As the Scottish weather is still under the impression that it is winter, I thought that a vegetable chilli would be in order. I bought some lovely purple sprouting broccoli the other day, so that has gone in alongside a variety of beans and some spicy bits and pieces.

Nothing at the moment, but I feel like I have to a massive pile of dishes. And then I'll scour my fridge. Looks like some type of Chicken. I'm assuming grilled or BBQ chicken at the time.

Today was just not one of those days that I felt like cooking. I prepared tuna and crackers. This was quick and easy. My kids enjoyed it and so did I. For breakfast I made sausage, rice, and left over black beans from the day before.

4 course wedding for 30 people ,it still intrigues me when one diner will over look the guests menu and ask for cheese on last for a starter and ,fish and chips from the kids menu and ice cream ,surly if you don't try new foods you don't know if you like them or not !
The bride had become gluten free in the last month so that's always a laugh ,a peanut butter cheese cake with no base ,special breads and petit fours
Main was a breeze roasted honey lamb rump,dauphinoise potato ,cherry Tom confit,baby spinach ,nice shine you red wine jus,garnished with chive flowers

I prepared bacon and eggs during breakfast. I was the first to wake up in the house and I wanted to make something fast because I was already hungry.

Today was cheeseburgers and fried potatoes... Not to be confused with French fries.

Our dish for the day is a Filipino delicacy called Kare-kare. It is ox tail in peanut and rice broth. It is normally cooked for special occasions but we could have that too for a great weekend. It is really a good dish and the only problem is I always gain weight whenever I eat Kare-kare. Especially tonight for dinner, we had grilled pork belly delivered to match Kare-kare. So sumptuous a dinner we had.

I made french fries today for our Game of Thrones night. I put some melted cheese on it but was unable to put bacon bits because I didn't have the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom