What did you cook today? (2015)

Status
Not open for further replies.

juno

Veteran
Local time
7:08 AM
It's New Years Eve, so we are planning a nice dinner, but for lunch I made us roast beef sandwiches, with Swiss cheese. I think it was a nice lite lunch, just right for what we have to look forward to for dinner.

I wanted to do nothing today but ended up baking some pineapple chicken and had some leftover tumeric rice. Had some slices of pineapple ham and some vegetables as well.

Quinoa Chili, in the crook pot! I do so very much like one pot meals but only use my crook pot on days off from work, so for me this is like a special day! I guess most people would base how good their day of work in other ways but for me, being able to stay home and cook leisurely without feeling rushed makes it a great day off!

002.jpg

Made this Shrimp & Sausage Gumbo over rice this morning. First time ever, making Gumbo!! :wink:

I made vegetable stir fry today. I cooked cauliflower, broccoli and carrot with garlic today. I might have over cooked it a bit because the broccoli was too soft but overall it's a good meal for me.

How about you. What did you cook today?
I made a raw soup and it came out good. I used carrots, greens, onions, garlic, celery, cilantro, tomatoes,cauliflower and water. I used a high speed blender, and let is spin until it got hot. It was very good!!

Today I cooked a beef stirfry. I sliced some stewing beef and cooked that up until it was tender. For veggies I used broccoli, red and yellow peppers, onions, snow peas and celery. I made a batch of brown rice and presto, dinner was served.

My mother-in-law brought me some green peas from her garden that she had picked and shelled for me. She was so excited about them I decided to cook some peas and rice so she could immediately enjoy the peas from her own tree.

I did everything to make her happy today. I did a nice chicken stew along with some sweet potatoes and steamed carrots. Cole slaw , a green salad and some potato salad were also on the menu. Then when I thought I had finished I remembered I had some tilapia which I fried. I am naturally exhausted.

I had eggs and Canadian bacon in the morning. I am making loose sushi for lunch, which is just my lazy way of calming down my cravings without actually making sushi or forking over the money for it.

Last night I got home late and had a real simple dinner of big salad from a bag, quinoa, garbanzo beans, cheese and olives topped with marinara sauce. It tasted really good actually. I like using marinara sauce for other things besides pasta because it has a good flavor.

Today I cooked a tuna noodle casserole. It is a simple dish and easy to make. My roommate isn't that fond of tuna but really enjoyed it. Normally I don't sprinkle shredded cheese on it because of the added calories but I did and it was a hit :)

I see some pork thawing out so I am guessing I am doing something with pork. Most Saturdays I usually, "turn the pot down" but I am guessing someone wants to have home cooking and I am likely the person who's expected to cook. I am going to bake the pork and probably bake some potatoes and add a salad.

I cooked a cottage pie with ground beef. I served it with homecut fries. I misjudged my quantities and ended up making far too much. It all got eaten though, so I'm happy.

Today I was lazy and had a frozen supper that I found on sale. Nice little chicken rice and veggie bowl. Glad they have more gluten free frozen meal options these days.

I cooked some homemade sloppy joes. Of course, manwich helps a great deal but I spice the browned meat with garlic salt, some black pepper, a tbsp of margarine (after draining the grease, before release of the wich') and I toasted the buns with some nice sprinkle cheese (mozarella and cheddar shred). Toasted sloppy joes are boss. Then I sliced up some potatoes into thin chunks, rolled them inside a salt mixture and deep fried them. Nice to have a set of homefries to eat with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom