What did you cook today (April 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some ‘phenomenon’ that was on the social media of young ‘uns recently that racked up millions and millions of internet likes (i wonder how many of those actually cooked it).

The TikTok Feta Pasta Everyone Is Talking About

Yes. I am too old to ‘get it’. :)

Seems quite ordinary: feta and tomato is a tried and tested combo. I can't see why it would be such a sensation.

MY WIFE COOKED today, she said I'm making a stew, BUT you need to do the rest. It's her late mums recipe and it was 10/10
I did sides mashed potatoes and mashed carrot n parsnip, 4 out of 5 had seconds, I didn't.

Russ
My husband ordered, paid for, and went to pickup the Chinese carryout last night, does that count as cooking? :laugh:

I made Mexican chicken taco's and guacamole.

Turkish Tantuni Wraps
One of the easiest Turkish street food to make at home, tantuni was originally created as a poor man's dish and according to a story, the name of the dish refers to the sound (than - toon) coming from the pan when the cook stirs and hits to its center while cooking the meat in large traditional pans.
It is a traditional Turkish street food (specifically famous in and coming from the city of Mersin) with thinly diced beef and wrapped with a simple onion sumac salad in a thin lavash bread. The lavash is wrapped into a U shape so that the juicy sauce and the fat won't drip from the bottom and keeps the delicious sauce and juices inside.
Recipe posted:
Recipe & Video - Tantuni Wraps - Traditional Turkish Street Food - Mildly Spiced Beef Stir Fry Wraps

View: https://youtu.be/hFbKAYCItYk

I made the TikTok pasta; thought I’d see why it went viral.

View attachment 62042

It was nice, but it escapes me why there was a Great Big Internet Fuss about it. If you love Feta cheese, this is for you.
TikTok is sometimes beyond me. My kid gets it, I don't. A word or an exclamation and it is 4 or 6 seconds long...and when she repeats it three times, I'm totally done.

I love feta cheese...what else is in there? It looks good.

Some ‘phenomenon’ that was on the social media of young ‘uns recently that racked up millions and millions of internet likes (i wonder how many of those actually cooked it).

The TikTok Feta Pasta Everyone Is Talking About

Yes. I am too old to ‘get it’. :)
Oh ok now I see on the next page that you answered...
I don't think we are necessarily too old, I think there is something else in the background that we do not know of...
Shortage of feta cheese?
To sparrows and tulips. TikTok is very powerful.

Sometimes? The app is the most annoying app I've ever seen.

The pasta is nice, and I think it's so popular because its so easy.
Ok, thank you, yes, it is very annoying😂to me too.
Possibly simplicity...but there are so many simple dishes, how come this one was chosen?🤷😊

Had filled pancakes and a cheese pastry after the hospital check up with my Dad around 1 pm, then breaded cheese built as a hamburger, with tomato slices, lettuce, dressing, pickled cucs, ate it just a moment ago at work ( not worth a pic, so so, but it is food and I am gratefully full).

Coffee, possibly sunflower seeds until the evening, we shall see...

The concrete platform for open air summer concerts is now dry, just under my classroom windows...👍

We had one of GF's sons over last nght..I got the deep fryer out and we had french fries, stuffed jalapeno poppers, smoked chicken wings, onion rings, and some crispy vegetables and cole slaw salad..It's been a while since I had fried foods in such abundance..to tell you the truth, it was too much...everything was done properly, it just doesn't agree with me any more...he took home a huge container of the left overs...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom