What did you cook today (April 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Salad of pickled turmeric and chilli quail's eggs, avocado, crayfish, lemon balm and a kefir 'Marie Rose' dressing:

And with some Turkish Urfa pepper flakes sprinkled:

They are indeed. Thanks. And thanks for the inspiration!🍷🍷

I topped with Schwarzwalder Schinken, prosciutto like ham for kid (leftover from dinner/breakfast), two cheeses(edam,cheddar), onion slices, garlic slices...

To my surprise kid talked about it to her friend on the phone: "My Mom did...and it was supercool"

😂😎👍
Oh, that's so heartwarming! It's nice when we do stuff that they don't just take for granted. Her complimenting your cooking by telling her friend is so nice!

Salad of pickled turmeric and chilli quail's eggs, avocado, crayfish, lemon balm and a kefir 'Marie Rose' dressing:

View attachment 61993

And with some Turkish Urfa pepper flakes sprinkled:

View attachment 61994

Oh, that is beautiful, as usual. And I am a sucker for seafood, everyone knows how much I love seafood! I had never heard of pickling turmeric before. But then again, most people in the midwest US don't even know that turmeric exists and it generally can only be found around here in powder form.

Last edited:
I made this for breakfast: For Brunch Luxury With Quiet Sunday Ease, Make Christian Reynoso’s Creamy Greens With Eggs

This is not my photo, BTW. I didn't take one.

1619369447134.png

But I did it a little differently. I served it on lightly toasted bread (I made yesterday). It was good, but not jaw-dropping amazing. In hindsight, I think it has way too much cream (can you even imagine me thinking or saying that). I also think it would benefit from some well-cooked and drained Mexican-style chorizo. I am also not sure that bread is the right vehicle to serve it with, maybe quinoa or rice, LOL. So that takes it pretty much out of the breakfast league. Too rich for breakfast anyway, IMO. I would make it again probably but not exactly like this and maybe serve it for a late brunch (2ish).

I had never heard of pickling turmeric before.

Sorry - it maybe wasn't clear. The quail's eggs were pickled with turmeric and chilli. In other words the hard boiled eggs were steeped in vinegar with turmeric and chilli. Easy to do. You can do this with hen's eggs to (obviously).

Sorry - it maybe wasn't clear. The quail's eggs were pickled with turmeric and chilli. In other words the hard boiled eggs were steeped in vinegar with turmeric and chilli. Easy to do. You can do this with hen's eggs to (obviously).
I suppose I would have figured that out if I were paying better attention. My fault, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom