What did you cook today (April 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
During my unexpected but very nice walk, I grabbed a lemon tart and a tea.
From a "bio" shop.

Tart is excellent. Hardly

sweet at all, nice soft non dairy cream, probably fruit pureed, thickened. Crust of spelt flour.

I avoided all crowds and climbed behind the oldest hotel in Zagreb ( Jaegerhorn) and ate and drank among the green trees.💙🍀😊

Last edited:
Chicken in Spiced Coconut Cream from Indian Cooking edited by Veronica Sperling.
I've done this before but wanted to try again as I found my first try a little lacking in something. I upped some of the ingredients this time, more green chilli, ginger and garlic, and it was better but still, to me, lacking something.

Morning Glory an idea for a new thread (unless we have one already).
Called "I've tried this recipe a few times but its failed spectacularly/not been very tasty so could you guys try it and offer your thoughts or simply make suggestions based on prior knowledge?"

Ok, you might have to be a little more succinct with the title but you get the general idea?

For instance, several times I've tried a recipe for a chocolate traybake but it's always ended in dismal failure, and I'd love to know whether it is me or the recipe that is at fault.

Anywho, pic below. Mrs Wyshiepoo and I thought it was better but there was still summat missing.

@Morning Glory an idea for a new thread (unless we have one already).
Called "I've tried this recipe a few times but its failed spectacularly/not been very tasty so could you guys try it and offer your thoughts or simply make suggestions based on prior knowledge?"

Succinct, yes? I can do that. We could maybe call it 'test kitchen' - then we could also invite members to try our own recipes if we were unsure about them in some way or even if we wanted a second opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom