What did you eat/cook today (January 2017)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here we go:
Swiss cheese is a generic name in North America for several related varieties of cheese, mainly of North American manufacture, which resemble Emmental cheese, a yellow, medium-hard cheese that originated in the area around Emmental, in Switzerland.
(Wiki)
This is a very white cheese and reading the label was made in San Antonio.
Yes, we can get all the cheeses you mentioned but they start at $20 a pound.

This is a very white cheese and reading the label was made in San Antonio.
Yes, we can get all the cheeses you mentioned but they start at $20 a pound.
Its less than half that price here for the real thing. But then, we are closer to Switzerland. Once Brexit kicks in (it will be several years) the price of French cheese will probably rocket.

Its less than half that price here for the real thing. But then, we are closer to Switzerland. Once Brexit kicks in (it will be several years) the price of French cheese will probably rocket.
I do believe I paid $2.50 for either 12 oz or a pound of the Swiss I bought today. The real thing as you called it starts at $20 a pound or more.

Eggs, beans, sausage and chips - cracking!

eggsbeanschips-3 s.jpg

I cooked a roast chicken plus sprouts and charlotte potatoes, bread sauce and gravy. So simple... but nice. My daughter had vegetarian sausages in place of the chicken. I just love bread sauce!

It's nice to find someone who understands how important bread sauce is when having any kind of roast poultry.
There are several members of my family who are known for having some turkey with their bread sauce as apposed to the other way round!.. me included.

I hope that the trade agreement is done properly. I can't imagine not getting the same range of cheeses that we have now.
My favourite cheese for melting as well as in sandwiches is Yarlsberg, which is Norwegian and similar to Emmentall.

Its complicated comparing prices as I have to convert pounds to kilos and dollars to pounds.
I paid £2 for .454k
So the real thing would be £35.25 a kilogram.
I will remember to run the numbers next time.
Pounds to kilos is easy. Money changes every day.

The £2! Here basic strong cheddar is about £3.50 for 350g (although it is often discounted at £2 or £2.50).
That is way cheaper than our strong cheddar. Our cheeses are sold in lots of 226 grams for £4 minumum and those are all for Kraft or store brands. The high end stuff goes for a lot more.
Interesting that your foods are sold in roughly 1/3 kilogram blocks and ours are 125 grams less or a half a pound.

Now I am curious, how many grams is a serving? Say beef or chicken.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom