What did you eat/cook today (January 2017)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today I cooked green split pea dhal. For which a photo and recipe will follow. At last I can make mushy peas that look green @Yorky!

This colour?

fried fish.jpg

Too late here for me to reply in detail. I will do so tomorrow. :)
Here you go. you'll have to take my word that all the ingredients are taken into account, but the quiche is done by adding the wholemeal flour, fat, sugar, oil, eggs.... etc and where I can I scan the bar codes rather than manually finding the ingredients.

Percentages are at the top under the heading. so lunchtime I didn't have the quiche, but just the 2 salads and some hummus (which has just made me realised I have the wrong quantity in because I only had a half portion of each for lunch not a full portion but that won't can the percentages only the calories)

The aim is that it should (apparently) be 50% carbs, 30% fat and 20% protein. I aim for that over the course of a week (starting any day you want it you get me, or at least over the course of 3-4 days) but you'll see that by shear good luck that they meal of quiche and the 2 salads is almost exactly on the percentages!

Lunch wasn't but I didn't have quiche, just the salads.

_20170125_193449.JPG

Here you go. you'll have to take my word that all the ingredients are taken into account, but the quiche is done by adding the wholemeal flour, fat, sugar, oil, eggs.... etc and where I can I scan the bar codes rather than manually finding the ingredients.

Percentages are at the top under the heading. so lunchtime I didn't have the quiche, but just the 2 salads and some hummus (which has just made me realised I have the wrong quantity in because I only had a half portion of each for lunch not a full portion but that won't can the percentages only the calories)

The aim is that it should (apparently) be 50% carbs, 30% fat and 20% protein. I aim for that over the course of a week (starting any day you want it you get me, or at least over the course of 3-4 days) but you'll see that by shear good luck that they meal of quiche and the 2 salads is almost exactly on the percentages!

Lunch wasn't but I didn't have quiche, just the salads.

View attachment 5164

I suppose I would think that eating 50% carbs is quite high. Maybe its not... it would be interesting to work out if that is what my daughter, for example has.
Re the hoummous, where do you get hoummus that low in Kcals? A quick search for Pilpel Hummous shows
258Cal per 100g (which is about average for hummous). So 20g would be 54 Kcals.

I count the pastry on a quiche as mainly carbs. Its a bit like having a pizza. I wouldn't eat lentils and pasta salad with a pizza. Even if it was a 1/4 of a pizza!
But this is also a matter of what I see as pairings of foods. To me, pastry and pasta just don't go together.

Today I'm making sweet and sour prawns with rice and some vegetable pickles.

I suppose I would think that eating 50% carbs is quite high. Maybe its not... it would be interesting to work out if that is what my daughter, for example has.
Re the hoummous, where do you get hoummus that low in Kcals? A quick search for Pilpel Hummous shows

I count the pastry on a quiche as mainly carbs. Its a bit like having a pizza. I wouldn't eat lentils and pasta salad with a pizza. Even if it was a 1/4 of a pizza!
But this is also a matter of what I see as pairings of foods. To me, pastry and pasta just don't go together.
On pizza, only if it is a very thin crust do we eat the crust.
Note, when you come visit, I won't take you to our local pizza buffet. You would be having spells. Station 1 is pizza, station 2 is breadsticks, 4 different pastas and potatoes, station 3 is a salad bar and station 4 is two soups.

On pizza, only if it is a very thin crust do we eat the crust.
Note, when you come visit, I won't take you to our local pizza buffet. You would be having spells. Station 1 is pizza, station 2 is breadsticks, 4 different pastas and potatoes, station 3 is a salad bar and station 4 is two soups.
:eek:

Looks like the changed the recipe over the new year period. our at least the nutritional contents. the recipe seems the same. I'll be writing to them to clarify because I was on that brand because of the low calories. :(

BBD 26th December 2016 on this pot (I recycle them for all sorts. handy in the freezer)

DSC_0474.JPG

'Eponymous' eh? :hyper: (I love words). Maybe you should be checking out the Cryptic food and drink thread? :)

Fish pie is a wonderful thing. Was the potato cooked, mashed on top?
Potato was cooked, mashed, put on top and then the dish went into the oven to brown for 20 minutes( well as long as it took to wash and clear up). There wasn't as much topping as we would normally have but actually we didn't really miss it.

Looks like the changed the recipe over the new year period. our at least the nutritional contents. the recipe seems the same. I'll be writing to them to clarify because I was on that brand because of the low calories. :(

BBD 26th December 2016 on this pot (I recycle them for all sorts. handy in the freezer)

View attachment 5169
Puzzling...

Fillet steak this evening with jacket potatoes, mushrooms, tomatoes and a few mushy peas which I found in the fridge. And English mustard, of course.

steak-jackets-jan 1 s.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom