What did you eat/cook today (January 2017)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Charred Haloumi, Pepper and Aubergine Stew for the Recipe Challenge!

IMGP1618.jpg

Tonight is pork chops, sweet potatoes, I think regular mashed potatoes and stove top baked beans.
When you say stove-top baked beans do you make them yourself or is this tinned beans? We are having beans tonight as it happens.

Tonight is tinned haricot beans cooked with garlic and some grilled pork sausages. Salad to follow and cheese if we are still hungry. A very easy meal but we are both busy today.

That looks fantastic. I'm thinking that fillet steak wouldn't be a regular Thai ingredient - so where do you buy it?

It's imported but from where, I don't know. It costs between £16.00 and £20.00/kg (depending upon which cut) so it's a bit of a luxury.

When you say stove-top baked beans do you make them yourself or is this tinned beans? We are having beans tonight as it happens.
They are called baked beans, I use tinned pork n beans then add the seasonings and cook them on the stove instead of the oven.

Puzzling...
I contacted them and got this response.
Basically they have been putting the wrong information up.
We have found another brand which is cheaper, has garlic and cumin in it (which I have been adding on a Monday after the first serving had been taken) and has fewer calories according to the new data and printed material. Touch annoyed to say the least. Almost 150% out is not acceptable in this day and age)

_20170127_133514.JPG

Lunch today was wraps with hard boiled eggs, avocado, hummus and senap. Followed by Prana Chai (masala blend) and some maple syrup to sweeten a touch more. I couldn't face much, it's too warm.
The wrap is a small 30g one with 90Kcals.

I also cooked our evening meal before the sun burnt through the cloud. In other words whilst it was cool. It started off today at 14C, about the only sensible time to cook.

So evening meal is quiche and 2 salads... Wait for it... Red Rice and medium grain brown rice with onion, red and green peppers, pomegranate seeds and sunflower seeds served with a lemon, pomegranate molasses and maple syrup (only 2tsp for 12 servings of salad) vinaigrette and a chickpea, onion and pumpkin seed salad with an oil olive, tamari soy sauce, paprika, garlic and cumin salad dressing. I'll add the fresh parsley and coriander later on. (I can see @morning glory with her hands on her head shaking it in despair again!. I would have added some fried marinated tofu but events today have prevented me from getting it cooked before it got too hot again. There is nothing separating the kitchen from the living area and the bedroom only has a vague separation so heats up easily as well.)

I'll photo it later on a plate of i get chance. It will get served with an orange for dessert tonight rather than the very delicious mangos which are in season at the moment because I want to give it an extra day to ripen.

Pork chop (cooked in the halogen oven) with roast potatoes, king oyster mushrooms, a fried duck egg, peas and English mustard. I shall go back to frying the chop in future - it was a little overdone.

pork chop roasts 2 s.jpg

I contacted them and got this response.
Basically they have been putting the wrong information up.
We have found another brand which is cheaper, has garlic and cumin in it (which I have been adding on a Monday after the first serving had been taken) and has fewer calories according to the new data and printed material. Touch annoyed to say the least. Almost 150% out is not acceptable in this day and age)

View attachment 5185
How can the rest of us get our signatures to show?

How can the rest of us get our signatures to show?
One you have been a member for long enough and participated enough in the forum (a week and iirc (is been a long day and it's 3am right now) 5 posts) your account will mature to one that permits the use of a signature. It will show as an option between personal details and contact details when you click on your name in the top right hand corner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom