What is your favorite breakfast combo?

Lupa06

Veteran
Local time
2:16 PM
I love breakfast, it is probably one of my most favorite meals of the day. When thinking of breakfast, I will usually make or order my usual, sunny side eggs, bacon, home fries and rye bread to dip in my yolk. I love this combo for breakfast so much I will often eat for dinner also.

Reactions: L_B
I love breakfast, it is probably one of my most favorite meals of the day. When thinking of breakfast, I will usually make or order my usual, sunny side eggs, bacon, home fries and rye bread to dip in my yolk. I love this combo for breakfast so much I will often eat for dinner also.

Fries for breakfast? Blimey! Mind you, in the UK we have enormous traditional English Breakfasts with black pudding, hash browns, mushrooms, tomatoes, fried egg, bacon, sausages. I never eat breakfast, though. But if I did I'd always go savoury. Lots of threads about breakfast! see Sweet or Savory Breakfast. [URL='https://www.cookingbites.com/threads/a-complete-breakfast.5666/unread']A complete breakfast.[/URL] etc.

I like yogurt, fruit and granola...and right now I am on a waffle and fruit kick. I have gluten free waffle mix (although I don't need to eat gluten free I find this mix just leaves me feeling less heavy than regular waffle mix) and then I top them with fruit. Yummy!

My favorite breakfast is French toast with maple syrup and a sidof sausage or bacon. When we are camping I do enjoy a big breakfast over an open fire. We will have eggs, bacon, beans, and toast. It is so good.

My favorite breakfast is the typical Punjabi breakfast- aloo ka parantha with butter, pickle and curd. It's high on calories. So when I have to go for a diet, I prefer having poha with buttermilk.

My favourite breakfast is bacon and eggs and hash browns. I love my eggs over easy served on top of a slice of toast so that when you cut into the runny yolk it can be soaked up by the toast. My second favourite breakfast is steak and eggs. I love a hearty breakfast on weekends. During the week I rarely have time for a piece of toast and coffee and I'm out the door.

I see potatoes added to the breakfast plate especially when I travel. Not as fries by diced and maybe baked or fried. I actually did it for my son recently but he was not bowled over by it. For me the odd time I go out of my way to have breakfast, it would include a garlic toast, an omelette that I experiment with adding all kinds of stuff ham included, and I'll also have a cereal and some fruit. That happens maybe once a year. I am trying to get on the breakfast train.

Eating breakfast is big deal in our house. During weekdays, there is no time for breakfast since I leave the house before 5:30 am to avoid the heavy traffic on the road. But on weekends when we are all at home, we have an "elegant" breakfast. Usually it is fried rice on Saturday mornings that is complemented with dried fish that is fried to crisp plus a side dish of tomatoes and salted eggs. For drinks, it's either juice or milk chocolate drink. For Sundays, we sometimes go to an eatery that serves continental breakfast - bacon with fried eggs and salad plus freshly baked bread.

Well I think the classic bacon and eggs are good. We also make something that is called a campers Omelette which is a combination of eggs, fried potatoes, onions and green peppers if I have them. plus bacon. This is very good all fried up in a skillet and combined together.

My idea of great breakfast is usually sunnyside up eggs, crispy bacon with a side of lightly toasted rye to dip in my yolk. However, as much as I wish to have this every morning, my body says I cannot afford to. Therefore, Most mornings, I have overnight oats, nicely fancied up with a variety of fruits, nuts, or my recent favourite, half of an avocado baked with an egg in the middle.

Just this morning I have made a steamed egg dish for me and my boyfriend. We had it with some rye toast. It was inspired from my mother's chinese heritage. I simple beat a few eggs up, added green onions, some chopped up veggies, salt and pepper to taste, a few drops of milk/water, some oil, so it doesnt stick. I suppose you could just as easily bake these in a muffin tin though.

Another favourite of mine is the breakfast casserole. Cubed potatoes, breakfast sausage bits, eggs, and loads of cheese baked together in a one pot meal. Yum!

Well I think the classic bacon and eggs are good. We also make something that is called a campers Omelette which is a combination of eggs, fried potatoes, onions and green peppers if I have them. plus bacon. This is very good all fried up in a skillet and combined together.

That sounds like my kind of breakfast :hungry:

When we got married, for our first breakfast as man and wife I chose an omelette with bacon, onions and mixed peppers made fresh by the chef on duty that morning, it was absolutely delicious. It is very rare we have a cooked breakfast at home so I like to have at least 1 when on holiday.

Porridge with fresh fruit or dried fruits and seeds sweetened with honey or brown sugar
Trend breakfast now seems to be hash type dishes ,slow cooked smoked ham hock with diced potatoes ,eggs and breakfast gravy

It largely depends on what I'm doing for the day. It will be either cooked porridge oats with fresh fruit (or frozen fresh fruit) or cold porridge oats soaked in milk overnight again with fresh fruit, eaten as is and cold . However I will sometimes have bran flakes instead. If I'm out on a cycle tour and we have stayed overnight in a B&B then I will often have a vegetarian but dairy free cord breakfast to set me up for the day. If we are camping and it is late spring, summer or early autumn then it's back to the cold porridge oats uncooked but soaked overnight with fresh fruit if available followed by bread and jam and sometimes a hard boiled egg. If it's cold and we art camping or on tour then it's cooked porridge, fresh fruit, bread and jam followed by a hard boiled egg or two if available. Either way, what I eat for the day is dependent on what I'm doing for the day and is designed to set me up for the day.

It largely depends on what I'm doing for the day. It will be either cooked porridge oats with fresh fruit (or frozen fresh fruit) or cold porridge oats soaked in milk overnight again with fresh fruit, eaten as is and cold . However I will sometimes have bran flakes instead. If I'm out on a cycle tour and we have stayed overnight in a B&B then I will often have a vegetarian but dairy free cord breakfast to set me up for the day. If we are camping and it is late spring, summer or early autumn then it's back to the cold porridge oats uncooked but soaked overnight with fresh fruit if available followed by bread and jam and sometimes a hard boiled egg. If it's cold and we art camping or on tour then it's cooked porridge, fresh fruit, bread and jam followed by a hard boiled egg or two if available. Either way, what I eat for the day is dependent on what I'm doing for the day and is designed to set me up for the day.
Blimey, @SatNavSaysStraightOn you really do 'do' breakfast! I almost never eat breakfast, so the idea of packing in porridge, bread and jam and egg seems, well... a lot! I sometimes eat breakfast if I stay in a hotel where its included in the price. But if I do, I can't eat much for the rest of the day. I expect its different if you are burning off calories cycling, though.

Blimey, @SatNavSaysStraightOn you really do 'do' breakfast! I almost never eat breakfast, so the idea of packing in porridge, bread and jam and egg seems, well... a lot! I sometimes eat breakfast if I stay in a hotel where its included in the price. But if I do, I can't eat much for the rest of the day. I expect its different if you are burning off calories cycling, though.
Yep, totally different when you are burning off loads of calories. The last thing you need to do is run out of energy early in the day, even before lunch brevets you haven't eaten enough. On tour we used to have something like 3 times the amount of porridge that is recommend for a serving and get through 1-2 loaves of wholemeal bread a day. Breakfast alone would be 3-4 slices with jam or peanut butter after the porridge.

But I have never understood the concept of eating so little at the start of a day, then eating most of your calories before you go to bed. Your body can only do one thing with the food at night and that is turn the excess to fat when it you are moody of your calories early on in the day it would be used for energy during the day and a light evening meal would provide enough additional fuel to repair your body at night without excess calories etc... Just a theory of mine anyway. But I think that's probably where the full English breakfast concept probably came from, as a means of setting you up for a hard day's work.

Back
Top Bottom