What kind of music do you like?

Loop listening

When I was 13 or 14 I got this Usher CD for Christmas. It came with the poster which I hang on my bedroom wall. When I was at school my dad drew a mustache and nipple piercings on the guy :cry:I cried hysterically when I got home and my dad got told off by my mom but I was unconsolable for days and there was no way we could erase my dad’s grafitti from the poster. I thought of this because I saw the CD in my mom’s car the other day. Could it be she’s listening to it?
View attachment 47688

Lissa, I'm so sorry your dad did that. I have a similar type father.
I never had problems with posters because I was told that I was unwanted and the room where they allowed me to sleep was my "designated area". I couldn't put posters or anything else on the walls. Sometimes, I would come from school to find all the drawers out and overturned, everything in the closet thrown about and the mattress overturned. More than one of our family dogs "went missing". There were rumblings among extended family that he took them out and shot them while we were at school. I don't know if that's true because all of them are toxic and liars. Either way, I was inconsolable for days after each "lost" pet. ;-(

Rest assured, my dear, that you are strong and wonderful. You are the captain of your ship now and do not let ANYONE make you steer off course. Friends are the "family" we get to choose. ;-)

Last edited:
I like all music except stuff that is denigrating to women and others. I grew up listening to MoTown and love musicals. Opera is not one of my favorites but I like some of it. Jazz is beautiful. I like music that has some meaning behind it. Music has been my saving grace to drown out the sad thoughts.

P.S. I used to play the piano and clarinet. Haven't done either in ages though.

Last edited:
Lissa, I'm so sorry your dad did that. I have a similar type father.
I never had problems with posters because I was told that I was unwanted and the room where they allowed me to sleep was my "designated area". I couldn't put posters or anything else on the walls. Sometimes, I would come from school to find all the drawers out and overturned, everything in the closet thrown about and the mattress overturned. More than one of our family dogs "went missing". There were rumblings among extended family that he took them out and shot them while we were at school. I don't know if that's true because all of them are toxic and liars. Either way, I was inconsolable for days after each lost pet. ;-(

Rest assured, my dear, that you are strong and wonderful. You are the captain of your ship now and do not let ANYONE make you steer off course. Friends are the "family" we get to choose. ;-)

I am sorry that you lived that with your family 🥺 My dad could be mean but he didn't have bad intentions if that makes sense. Thank you for your ever present kindness and for the kind words you always have 🥰

Whilst tidying out my desk drawers I came across an old compilation CD that I had put together, probably around 15 years ago. It was a pretty eclectic mix of stuff (and part of a plan to seduce a fair maiden) but contained this brilliant track by The Johnny Pearson Orchestra - Sleepy Shores. I had forgotten how good it was. From about halfway through the violins begin to soar, higher and higher, and just when you think they can't go any higher, they do. And again, and then again. Soaring violins always get to me. I have been playing it back to back in the car today.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAFGgOTG7Rk

My cousins husband and brother in arms Steve Margo senior VP of international for Warners LA back in the day was a friend of Waters and Gilmour. he was also a qualified Barrister. Floyd management wanted Syd Barrett to sign something. I met Gilmour at Sarm Studios Ladbroke Grove when he was producing a charity record for the Rain Forest. Stevie would not visit Syd in his Mums house in Cambridge without protection because Syd could be unstable. I was asked to do it. I liked him.

Another one who was bat **** crazy was Bob Calvert from the late seventies incarnation of Hawkwind. He even frightened the band on many occasions. But he could write some excellent lyrics. This from Spirit of the Age.

I am a clone, I am not alone
Every fiber of my flesh and bone is identical to the others
Everything I say is in the same tone
As my test tube brother's voice there is no choice between us
If you had ever seen us you'd rejoice in your uniqueness
And consider every weakness something special of your own
Being a clone I have no flaws to identify
Even this doggerel that pours from my pen
Has just been written by another twenty telepathic men
Oh, word for word, it says:
"Oh, for the wings of any bird, other than a battery hen"

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSR5TnNGKmo