What made you smile recently?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's definitely illogical for you to argue about not being obsessive (which you obviously are). :roflmao:
That tears it! I'm now off to write out a list of all the things I'm not obsessive about! :laugh:

Say what you will, but I never wake up on vacation (or any other day, for that matter) saying, "Hmmmm...I wonder what I'll wear today? 🤔 " - so I got that going for me. :)

That tears it! I'm now off to write out a list of all the things I'm not obsessive about! :laugh:

Say what you will, but I never wake up on vacation (or any other day, for that matter) saying, "Hmmmm...I wonder what I'll wear today? 🤔 " - so I got that going for me. :)
That's pretty easy to figure out when you wake up. "Oh, we are going hiking today." On go the jeans, a T-shirt, and hiking boots. If it's a bit chilly, a light jacket goes with me that I can tie around my waist when I get warm. Or, "Oh, we are going to the pool today, it's 84 degrees out." On goes a swimsuit and flip flops.

I am more likely to plan meals than I am to "obsess" about what I am going to wear each day, as that can change as quickly as the weather. 🤨

Some people don't need a spreadsheet to know what they will be wearing. Just sayin'.
You haven't met my wife. :)

I've got her using the spreadsheet method for holidays. Before that, our mornings were:

6AM - me dressed and out the door for a walk
7AM - me back, wife sitting on the bed in her underwear:

"What's the weather like out? Is it too hot?"

"Well, it's supposed to be hot."

"Yeah, but hot, or hot-hot? Like really hot?"

"I don't know, it's all the same after 70F."

"Well, what're we doing today? The museum in the morning, and afternoon tea at that hotel...so that's inside, but it's hot and we'll be walking...so I need something that's light, but not too light, because there might air conditioning...what about this...or this...or that?"

<pulls out three tops, by now, it's 7:30AM>

"That one."

"Well, I can't wear that one! It's light-colored, and I'm wearing a dark bra!"

"Ok, don't know why you offered it as a choice, then, but that one instead."

"Well, I do like that one, but it rides up a little when I sit down, and if there are metal chairs anywhere, that's going to be a problem."

<and on and on and on, until it's 9AM>

"Ok, so that's the top, now...pants!"

🤦🏻‍♂️

Contrast that with the TastyReuben Clothing Decider Spreadsheet:

"Who cares? Spreadsheet says you're wearing tan jeans, green top, and your boots. Let's go, time to eat!"

<downstairs for breakfast by 7:30AM> 😎

You haven't met my wife. :)

I've got her using the spreadsheet method for holidays. Before that, our mornings were:

6AM - me dressed and out the door for a walk

"Well, it's supposed to be hot."

"Yeah, but hot, or hot-hot? Like really hot?"

"I don't know, it's all the same after 70F."

"Well, what're we doing today? The museum in the morning, and afternoon tea at that hotel...so that's inside, but it's hot and we'll be walking...so I need something that's light, but not too light, because there might air conditioning...what about this...or this...or that?"

<pulls out three tops, by now, it's 7:30AM>

"That one."

"Well, I can't wear that one! It's light-colored, and I'm wearing a dark bra!"

"Ok, don't know why you offered it as a choice, then, but that one instead."

"Well, I do like that one, but it rides up a little when I sit down, and if there are metal chairs anywhere, that's going to be a problem."

<and on and on and on, until it's 9AM>

"Ok, so that's the top, now...pants!"

🤦🏻‍♂️

Contrast that with the TastyReuben Clothing Decider Spreadsheet:

"Who cares? Spreadsheet says you're wearing tan jeans, green top, and your boots. Let's go, time to eat!"

<downstairs for breakfast by 7:30AM> 😎
I would go insane.

Off topic - is there anything you're not obsessive about? You don't have to answer this. :)
Money! I'm not obsessive about money. As long as I can pay my bills and have some left over for fun stuff, I'm happy.

MrsTasty, OTOH, is extremely obsessive about money. Last thing she does every night before going to bed...balances the checking account, and she's in there throughout the day, asking me about this charge, that charge, etc. Her default position is that everything is fraudulent until it can be proved otherwise. :)

I don't like talking about money, hearing about money, or thinking about money. She makes me go to our financial planner guy two or three times a year. When I'm there, I do my best to look like 🤔, but I'm mostly thinking of naked women or puppies or pizza. :laugh:

That's one thing I am really glad about, we keep our finances separate. He can do whatever he wants with his money. He pays household bills and I pay for the groceries, cleaning supplies, and vacations (most of the time). We both have our own checking accounts, savings, and investments.

Now will someone please post a joke or a funny cartoon?

What's the old saying, "Plan your work, then work your plan!" :)

It used to be a lot worse. When I first started here, it was eight days max, not counting weekends, plus, you couldn't take off the first or last week of the month, two people from the same team couldn't be gone at the same time, it made it almost impossible to go on vacation.

It is difficult to get into the swing of things. Nearly all of our vacations are overseas (Europe/UK), so you have to add significant travel time onto each end. It's very true to say that as soon as we land, I'm already thinking, "What an arduous flight getting here...and I've got to do it again in 11 days!"

That's why we're so looking forward to retirement. We can make that long flight, then stay in-country for a couple of months at a whack.

I was like that with my staff, end of month involved invoicing and statements, all hands on deck. But everyone got 3 weeks at Xmas. But you could keep a week back for during the year if you wanted. I planned my holidays to go away around the 3rd of the month.

Russ

That's one thing I am really glad about, we keep our finances separate. He can do whatever he wants with his money. He pays household bills and I pay for the groceries, cleaning supplies, and vacations (most of the time). We both have our own checking accounts, savings, and investments.

Now will someone please post a joke or a funny cartoon?

Same here, separate accounts but wife pays all the bills around here, always has since we first moved in together 46 years ago. My money goes into a joint account for this. I also have my other "own" account that my doesn't have access to. Her "own" one I have no idea what's in it. Don't know, don't care. I've always paid for all our holidays, everything. I guess she's quite spoilt really.?

Russ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom