What made you smile recently?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My very first quail egg was laid this morning!! It is about 3/4ths an inch long. So I have at least one female quail in my batch. I rather wonder how this thing fit in her.... she must have been relieved when it came out!

Wondering if I should make a tiny omelet with it??? Grate a little cheese, drop in a microgreen?
first quail egg.jpg

That's my wife. But twice as much. I fit all my stuff in a hand carry on bag for 10 days. I've given trying to understand her and clothes.

Russ
That used to be me. Now I can pack for a week in a carry on bag and my C-Pap machine. G is the worst. He goes out of town for one night, packs a weeks worth of clothes, two pairs of footwear in addition to the pair he is wearing and his C-Pap bag which is actually a carry on bag that he puts his shaving kit in and assorted stuff that he may die if he does not have and his computer bag.
We took a day trip yesterday. Just before we left G asked if we should pack a bag. I asked what for. He said well what if something happens and we have to spend the night. He got "the look" from me. If something happens and we have to spend the night I can wash our underwear in the sink and we wear the same clothes. Seriously?

He got "the look" from me. If something happens and we have to spend the night I can wash our underwear in the sink and we wear the same clothes. Seriously?

My 2 IC in the 90s went to Aden on a 6 day tender visit. His suitcase went elsewhere (to return to Manchester 2 weeks later). 6 days at 40°C in Yemen and his only top clothes were a suit and a shirt and tie.

Billy was in a pub celebrating getting a years contract as a chef on the oil rigs. He was worried because he would be away from his elderly mam for a year.
His mate Fabio said to get her a talking parrot to keep her company.
Billy liked the Idea and searched Liverpool for the most articulate and gregarious parrot in the City.
He found the Percy in a pet shop in Lime Street next to the famous "Tub of Blood" hostelry.
With the cage and a years supply of food for Percy it cost him £2000.
The next morning he goes to see his beloved mam and leaves Percy.
One year later he returns, his mam lets him in and assures Billy she is in fine fettle.
Billy looks around and Percy's cage is empty.
Billy. Mam what happened to the parrot ?
Mam. ooooh Billy lad the meat just fell off the bone.

That used to be me. Now I can pack for a week in a carry on bag and my C-Pap machine. G is the worst. He goes out of town for one night, packs a weeks worth of clothes, two pairs of footwear in addition to the pair he is wearing and his C-Pap bag which is actually a carry on bag that he puts his shaving kit in and assorted stuff that he may die if he does not have and his computer bag.
We took a day trip yesterday. Just before we left G asked if we should pack a bag. I asked what for. He said well what if something happens and we have to spend the night. He got "the look" from me. If something happens and we have to spend the night I can wash our underwear in the sink and we wear the same clothes. Seriously?

I did some compressor repair work in Kingston, Jamaica. I was only supposed to be there 1 day, so I had only the clothes I was wearing. It ended up being 2 days and when I was at the airport waiting for my flight home, covered in grease and oil, I was pulled aside and frisked by some woman official. :mad:

Last edited:
A lot of toiletries, I don't even pack any longer. Since we usually arrive overseas sometime in the morning (due to flight schedules), and we have to wait a few hours for our room to become available, we go to the closest national chain grocery store and buy snacks and I just pick up a pack of disposable razors, and little travel-sized bits and bobs and whatever's leftover is donated to the trash can at the end of the trip. The only personal care item I do pack is a toothbrush and toothpaste, I can't give that up...yet. 🦷

My wife is like your G on road trips, but with food. We'd make a six hour drive to her sister's, and she'd want to pack sandwiches, three kinds of snack chips, chocolate, licorice, raw veggies, cheese, pop, tea, water, cookies, and fresh fruit, enough for several days, for a six-hour drive, where she also wanted to stop at a restaurant on the way for lunch.

My wife is like your G on road trips, but with food. We'd make a six hour drive to her sister's, and she'd want to pack s enough for several days, for a six-hour drive, where she also wanted to stop at a restaurant on the way for lunch.

Between towns/cities here we have restaurants and/or food stalls every kilometre and in the towns and cities, every 10 metres. Generally the food is cheaper than anything that you could make yourself. However, you would be unlikely to find sandwiches, snack chips, chocolate, licorice, cheese, or cookies.

Last edited:
Between towns/cities here we have restaurants and/or food stalls ever kilometre and in the towns and cities, every 10 metres. Generally the food is cheaper than anything that you could make yourself. However, you would be unlikely to find sandwiches, snack chips, chocolate, licorice, cheese, or cookies.
The thing that kills me is, it's a six-hour drive, and we're stopping for lunch. I get the candy and Pringle's and stuff like that, but what are you going to do with six sandwiches? Are we sharing a sandwich an hour?

I'll tell you exactly what happens. We get to her sister's, we set the cooler in the garage, we fit what we can in the fridge, and the sandwiches get tossed. Then, three or four days later, she wants to do the same thing for the return trip. 🤷🏻‍♂️

When we have our holidays in Nelson, it's a 5 plus hour drive. We always have a stop approx half way at a tea rooms, a pie and a sammich keeps up going until we get there. Maybe a drink of fizz as well?
I can drive for hours without stopping.

Russ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom