What made you smile recently?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I came across this photo in my collection of my works ...

full.jpg

With all of the masts visible in this harbor scene, I have always found amusement and empathized with the yacht owner's motivation for christening it with the title "Yikes!"

In a complex world of conflicting influences, I even find comfort in viewing this photo. It does indeed, make me smile.

When we had the 4 pugs in my avatar, our whole ground level floor of the house was tile. I don't think I ever mopped once that at least 1 of those 4 pugs went trotting across a wet floor and left little footprints. I just gave up and accepted it was going to happen.

Mod.comment: following discussion of some recent posts in this thread, moderators have decided to take action regarding 'jokes' which play on racial stereotypes. Please understand that we are mindful that these jokes may be acceptable to many people but we have a duty to ensure that racism (however unintentional) is not condoned by CookingBites.

Please note the following user rules:

1. Content - Our forums are for a general audience and should be viewable by anyone, including children. Please do not post anything inappropriate in this setting. This includes, but is not limited to, profanity, sexual, sexualised or illicit content, hateful, threatening, racist, political, provocative or vulgar content

23. Moderator Decisions - If you have a problem with or question about a moderator’s decision, contact the moderator or site owner privately or submit a message through the contact system. Public posts or topics discussing moderator actions will be removed without notice and accounts placed in moderation or closed entirely.

I think I may have shot the pug:ohmy:
My closest and dearest friend is the contact person for dog rescue missions in her state. She has had up to 15 dogs in her home (and at least 8 "regulars"). She has no carpeting anywhere and is constantly mopping. It's what they do. It's like trying to clean your house when your kids are little. That is not how the story goes. ;-)

When we had the 4 pugs in my avatar, our whole ground level floor of the house was tile. I don't think I ever mopped once that at least 1 of those 4 pugs went trotting across a wet floor and left little footprints. I just gave up and accepted it was going to happen.
Try as I might, I could never get Kate to shake off outside, or in the garage. She was a dog that positively loved the mud and the rain, just reveled in it.

She'd run outside to chase a delivery van up and down the road, back and forth, back and forth, and get completely drenched, head to tail, in mud.

Sometimes, we'd be able to grab her and get her dried off, but she'd usually get around us and make it back in the house...where she'd shake like the dickens, sending muddy water up the walls, onto the furniture, TV, up onto the ceiling, even. It was a mess!

I hate Maths and I'm really bad at it, which explains why I love Maths jokes so much lol

Reactions: mjd
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom