What made you smile recently?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate Maths and I'm really bad at it, which explains why I love Maths jokes so much lol
Do you get American tv shows over there? There used to be a show called "The Wonder Years" here. The lead actress (Danica McKeller Danica McKellar - Wikipedia) went on to write books to teach girls not to be afraid of math. I always admired that. I was usually the only female in advanced courses in college. I was actually tutoring adult students when I was still in elementary school. Talk about a reason to get teased! Fortunately, I have helped my daughter not be afraid of math and she is doing well in school. But, know that you are not alone. There is quite a bit of conditioning in our society that girls can't do math. Wrong!

I had a double period of Maths every Wednesday, I bunked them for a whole year,lol. Still remember that sh@&.

Russ
Double maths on a Wednesday? Luxury! I had one year where we had a double maths period first thing on a Saturday morning. Sheer, unadulterated joy.

And yes, I did have to go to school on a Saturday. We finished at half-past twelve, so it wasn't a full day, but even so...

The only good thing that came from that was that when I started working, I only worked a five day week. That seemed a genuine luxury after all those Saturdays.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom