What made you smile recently?

Status
Not open for further replies.
HOW TO MAKE A GOOD CUP OF YORKSHIRE TAY

Nah then, tha wants t'empty t'owd watter aht o' kettle and fill 'er up wi' fresh watter afoo tha puts it on t'ob. Get taypot reet nicely warmed an' dry inside and then get thi tay in. Nah, soon as t'kettle comes reet ont'boil an' not a second afoor or aftah get watter pooard int'pot. Dooan't furget, allus tek pot t'kettle and not t'kettle t'pot. Lerrit mash a fair wahl an' then girrit a stir affoor tha poors it aht. Nah, thersummas puts milk in fust and summas put tay in fust. To our way o' thinkin' t'important thing is to mek certain tha's med plenty for second 'elpin's.
Got lost at allus🙈😁but kind of get it, is fairly simple...

HOW TO MAKE A GOOD CUP OF YORKSHIRE TAY

Nah then, tha wants t'empty t'owd watter aht o' kettle and fill 'er up wi' fresh watter afoo tha puts it on t'ob. Get taypot reet nicely warmed an' dry inside and then get thi tay in. Nah, soon as t'kettle comes reet ont'boil an' not a second afoor or aftah get watter pooard int'pot. Dooan't furget, allus tek pot t'kettle and not t'kettle t'pot. Lerrit mash a fair wahl an' then girrit a stir affoor tha poors it aht. Nah, thersummas puts milk in fust and summas put tay in fust. To our way o' thinkin' t'important thing is to mek certain tha's med plenty for second 'elpin's.

Let me see if I can translate that to Texan...

So, ya'll got a hankerin' for sum a that hawt tee, like yur the King uv Ingland, does ya'? Well listen up. Get ya' won of these here tee pots, fill er up with water, and plop er down on the far. When she starts to wistlin', take er off the far, and poh some of that thar boilin' hawt water inta yur mug with a cupla' tee bags, en then sit yerself back and wait a whal till that thar water turns brown.

After that's dun, ya'll can put some of that thar cow juice, shugur, or a shot a good whiskey in yur tee, en have ya' a good ole time. Don't ya'll fohget tuh put yur little pinky fingur out wen ya drink yur tee.

CD

PS: That's a PITA to write with autocorrect.

bird conure color puzzle.gif

Let me see if I can translate that to Texan...

So, ya'll got a hankerin' for sum a that hawt tee, like yur the King uv Ingland, does ya'? Well listen up. Get ya' won of these here tee pots, fill er up with water, and plop er down on the far. When she starts to wistlin', take er off the far, and poh some of that thar boilin' hawt water inta yur mug with a cupla' tee bags, en then sit yerself back and wait a whal till that thar water turns brown.

After that's dun, ya'll can put some of that thar cow juice, shugur, or a shot a good whiskey in yur tee, en have ya' a good ole time. Don't ya'll fohget tuh put yur little pinky fingur out wen ya drink yur tee.

CD

PS: That's a PITA to write with autocorrect.
Brilliant.

This reflection on the film Gregory's Girl appeared tonight.

Gregory's Girl: 'The affection for it overwhelms me'

Most in the UK over 50 will know the film, I don't know how far it travelled around the World, but it is a sympathetic and very familiar story of the fumblings of awkward teenagers as they embark on their first adult relationships. Released in 1981 it is the honest and entirely real opposite of the brash, confident teens portrayed in the movies coming out of Hollywood at the time.

Being 16 years old myself at the time, and the film starring Clare Grogan, it immediately became my favourite*. I recommend it to everyone as a simple, funny (the penguin, and Carracus - spelled wrong), touching film with a wonderful happy but not sickly ending.

* my three favourite films.

Gregory's Girl.
Paris, Texas.
Airplane

Last edited:
This reflection on the film Gregory's Girl appeared tonight.

Gregory's Girl: 'The affection for it overwhelms me'

Most in the UK over 50 will know the film, I don't know how far it travelled around the World, but it is a sympathetic and very familiar story of the fumblings of awkward teenagers as they embark on their first adult relationships. Released in 1981 it is the honest and entirely real opposite of the brash, confident teens portrayed in the movies coming out of Hollywood at the time.

Being 16 years old myself at the time, and the film starring Clare Grogan, it immediately became my favourite*. I recommend it to everyone as a simple, funny (the penguin, and Carracus - spelled wrong), touching film with a wonderful happy but not sickly ending.

* my three favourite films.

Gregory's Girl.
Paris, Texas.
Airplane

I barely remember the movie, Paris, Texas. I've driven through the actual town of Paris, Texas a dozen times. The movie doesn't take place anywhere near the town. The town got famous in Europe for a while... for not being in the movie? :laugh:

Some of the movie was filmed in my hometown of Port Arthur, 300-plus miles South of Paris.

CD

Update: I recounted last night right after posting - there were six, I'd missed a quail.

Woke up this morning... too, too many to count! I will have a better idea later today when I move them to their brooder setup. (One should NOT open the incubator until ready).

Should they all hatch (they won't) there will be 44 quail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom