What made you smile recently?

Status
Not open for further replies.
YOU HAD ONE JOB!!!

0 (1).jpg
0 (2).jpg

0 (3).jpg
0 (4).jpg

I've actually always wanted to learn banjo, along with ukulele, mandolin, etc. And I am guessing you already know how to play 1 or all 3 of those things.
Yes, I do! 😬

I have a very nice koa uke that doesn't get played as much as it should, because I stuck it up on the wall in the pub:

I took a close listen to that boom-pah, boom, boom-pah, boom jungle drum noise coming from the people upstairs and it turns out that those folks are playing polkas! Yes, that's right, polkas. How badly, I got them wrong.

I used to hang out in a couple places, a German restaurant and a Swiss Restaurant that did polkas, every Sunday night. The food was outrageously good and Sundays were always brunch days with lots of extras. Military types from the local Naval Air Station were often very prevalent among the diners and polka dancers, so I was in my element, always.

Now, I will admit not knowing a damn about polka dancing, but what the hell is there to it? You just get up and jump around with a lot of other people who have had their fill of good food and good beer. You make the floor boom. My god, I'm glad the people upstairs are listening to - or playing polka music, and not dancing polkas. That would be intolerable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom