What made you smile recently?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We went for a walk this afternoon to see the extent of the floods, worst I have ever known.
Despite road closed signs and barriers placed across the road, 4 young lads in a BMW decided to ignore and carry on..they broke down in the flood water :roflmao: the recovery truck arrived but that is going to cost big time! Serves them right.
Someone else decided to go through, a young lad in a Mercedes drove onto the flooded pavement, much scraping underneath, but he got through, losing his number plate in the process, he then had stop and turn around once he realised the road ahead was flooded just as bad and there were vehicles stranded. Some kids were hanging around and gave him his plate back, he then drove back the way he came, more scraping of the underside of his car, I am no mechanic but even I know that from the sound of his vehicle that too will be a very costly repair.

Night Blooming Jasmine? Ours is so strong, even with the windows closed and the AC on, we can still smell it.
It blooms all the time, but the fragrance is significantly stronger add it goes dark. Presumably it is something to do with pollination and the massive number of small thin moths we get around it.

What made me smile today...... I've tried for two years and havnt got any watermelon seeds to germinate. I put trays out this morning, TWO plants have appeared, I'm happy as larry. Now just another 8 to pop up. I'd love to grow these!!!!
:) :)

Russ

We’re currently in the California desert in our RV waiting out the California Red Flag wind advisory.
We can’t travel home in such conditions but we’re comfortable in a beautiful setting until they pass.

With the high winds I lowered the Satellite dish and we switched over to Antenna TV disc and the British Baking Show appeared.

First time we viewed it and is it a great program.
Mary the host is so much like my mother in looks and her finesse’ in the kitchen. The cheeky remarks too.

It was 25 years ago this week my mom passed away and I can’t help but laugh thinking about this week 25 years ago.

At my moms services a local Veterans club I belong to sent flowers mounted on one of those gangster easels like you see in old Hollywood movies.
Oh brother that was funny.

Mom was one of the first ever to have breast implants. She over-did it.
That’s all we could see sticking up out of her casket by us sitting out in the pews.

We all still laugh about it today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom