What made you smile recently?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You'll find both of those very interesting especially if you like or love dramatic scenery. Even I have enjoyed those trips, especially the one out to Voss.
The coach trips often include stops at fantastic viewing points or sorry walks to amazing waterfalls, some of which you can go behind.
They mention that in a lot of the write-ups. Most of my choices involve some kind of hot drink and a waffle or pastry situation. :)

Most of my choices involve some kind of hot drink and a waffle or pastry situation. :)
There's no shortage of that in Norway. It's just very pricey.

Avoid the stockfish though. It's classed as a delicacy. It's best described as an acquired taste, aka something you have to have eaten all your life to actually a) like, b) appreciate or c) know what to do with.

Avoid the stockfish though. It's classed as a delicacy. It's best described as an acquired taste, aka something you have to have eaten all your life to actually a) like, b) appreciate or c) know what to do with.

No problem there. Outside of fish and chips and tuna salad, I don't eat water critters.

Thankfully, MrsTasty got us a drinks package on the ship. We don't drink that much, usually only on weekends, but I don't like the thought of having to watch my spending while I'm on holiday.
A glass of beer was roughly €10‐15 for a small bottle when we were last there some 8 years ago. Eating out was once or twice, nothing more. Even a coffee and cake set you back a staggering amount. (Though we came very close to moving to Stavanger many years ago though.)

A glass of beer was roughly €10‐15 for a small bottle when we were last there some 8 years ago. Eating out was once or twice, nothing more. Even a coffee and cake set you back a staggering amount. (Though we came very close to moving to Stavanger many years ago though.)
Stavanger is one of the places we're going. We'll be taking a train ride out for a ways, then a coach back - 5-1/2 hours for the round trip.

I do remember back in 1994, we were in the UK, but were about to transfer back to the US, so we took a whirlwind 21-day coach trip around Europe, and I remember just going to BK in Switzerland was gawdawful expensive. It was the only place we could afford to eat, and we couldn't afford that!

3:45 am today (Thai Time). Lewis Hamilton winning his 6th Formula 1 World Driver's Championship.

We had a lot of laughs yesterday at the races, it's my challenge every year to get us into the races at kaikoura for nothing. $10 X 4 ppl vs a good story!! We never paid,lol.

Russ

I've been looking high and low for a decent cake/pie server for the last couple of months.

First, most department stores don't even carry them anymore, and second, the ones who do just carry rather unsightly plastic ones.

I always forget that we have an employee rewards catalog online at work. We get awarded points for recognition, and we can buy things from the catalog.

Imagine my pleasant surprise at finding this available:

Perfect! Now I'm smiling!

I've been looking high and low for a decent cake/pie server for the last couple of months.

First, most department stores don't even carry them anymore, and second, the ones who do just carry rather unsightly plastic ones.

I always forget that we have an employee rewards catalog online at work. We get awarded points for recognition, and we can buy things from the catalog.

Imagine my pleasant surprise at finding this available:

Perfect! Now I'm smiling!

I make do with a cheese slicer, I'll put a pic up when I go downstairs. Same shape but it has the blade type thingy at the thick end.

Russ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom