What made you smile recently?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Made it home late yesterday.

We are surrounded by the current fires and the winds are howling up to 70 mph gusts.
Power has been off for 24 hours and the kids are unplugged and all want to chat.
The conversations varied from the economy, our wars, Social Security to a school paper one is writing.

2C97316A-3F9F-40A6-97BC-270FFAADFC57.jpeg
3E6D9C79-D18E-42AC-9CD7-D0C0276DCE85.jpeg

That topic has to be on a newsworthy event where a person was caught in a scandal and had to apologize or deny it publicly.
Plenty to talk about there.

Our generator is running 2 freezers, a good size refer and lights and has barely taken a sip of fuel.
Just loafs along quietly.

No ones been hurt in the fires mostly just brush burned and it should be contained by sundown.

Plenty to smile about.

I donated to Cooking bites site maint but was restricted to $6.50 US. Couldn’t enter a higher amount.
That’s the same cost as a rum and Coke at the Bad Decisions Pub. One drink max Here for Yanks.

Last edited:
I donated to Cooking bites site maint but was restricted to $6.50 US. Couldn’t enter a higher amount.
That’s the same cost as a rum and Coke at the Bad Decisions Pub. One drink max Here for Yanks.

Oh thank you! Don't know why you were restricted - I will draw this to SatNavSaysStraightOn's attention in case we have a glitch.

Oh thank you! Don't know why you were restricted - I will draw this to SatNavSaysStraightOn's attention in case we have a glitch.

Hi

These are suggested amounted set up to round to the closest ½ unit for various countries. If you select custom amount (hidden under the currency select box), you'll be able to choose another quantity after choosing your currency.

As to why it can't count and add up the totals for this month (October), that I'm not certain on and will have to look into, but should you like to hold off for a few hours until it's November, I'll have an amount there to see if it can tally correctly for testing any fixes.

Thanks
SNSSO

Hi

These are suggested amounted set up to round to the closest ½ unit for various countries. If you select custom amount (hidden under the currency select box), you'll be able to choose another quantity after choosing your currency.

View attachment 34141

As to why it can't count and add up the totals for this month (October), that I'm not certain on and will have to look into, but should you like to hold off for a few hours until it's November, I'll have an amount there to see if it can tally correctly for testing any fixes.

Thanks
SNSSO
Ill try again but I did fiddle with it. We had spotty net service so maybe that jazzed the transaction.

Made it home late yesterday.

We are surrounded by the current fires and the winds are howling up to 70 mph gusts.
Power has been off for 24 hours and the kids are unplugged and all want to chat.
Glad you're ok. Having had this many times in the UK (out was a yearly occurrence for 12 years where we used too live, before we moved away) and now obviously facing the full brutality of them in rural Australia, you have my sympathies.
1 in the UK had us evacuated from home for 5 nights (6 days) with the fire brigade using our home as the closest access point to the fire. We knew we only didn't lose the house because of their efforts and because any unknown aircraft pilot reported seeing smoke from the common we lived on (again rurally). Their early warning saved destruction of many properties that day. The fire got to within 25m of the property. Close to say the least.

There have already been deaths this season in NSW (the state I live in) from bush fires. It's going to be a bad season for them.

We had a water pump leak in one of our off-road vehicles
Selling dealer and the Mfg told us “dont worry about it”.
That’s crazy.

Replacing the water pump didn’t cure it and it was getting worse.
A farmer in the Southwest had the same issue, got the same response.
He figured out the fix on his own and sent me the cure.
A simply seal thrust washer missing:

C5A76933-B6C5-43F0-82C2-04B66B8F49E7.jpeg

Yeah I’m smiling big.

Two things:

1. The cookbook I just bought for $1.49US has a turkey recipe in it that I'm going to use for Thanksgiving. The brine, in part, consists of a lot of Guinness.

2. We're going to Norway in the Spring, with five days in London added on, and we always like to spend the last night as close to the airport as possible, to make leaving as pain-free as possible. We just found out, there's a brand-new Hilton Garden Inn that serves T2 and T3, and we're leaving out of T3. We can walk from the hotel to the airport. MrsTasty just booked it and we're paying for it with hotel points.

We're going to Norway in the Spring,
Where in Norway? We know it reasonably well having spent most of my teenage holidays there, some of my adult holidays there and having cycled for 4 months through three whole of Scandinavia (from Denmark, through to Nordkapp to the Russian Norwegian border and back down through Finland).

Where in Norway? We know it reasonably well having spent most of my teenage holidays there, some of my adult holidays there and having cycled for 4 months through three whole of Scandinavia (from Denmark, through to Nordkapp to the Russian Norwegian border and back down through Finland).
We're doing one of those cruises up the fjords, I'm not even sure where except Bergen is one of the stops. Not quite the adventure you had, but as we get older, it's suits us more and more.

Right at the moment, the wife is going through the optional excursions. She had me go through first and pick whatever ones I would be interested in at each port, and the choices range from "sit on your butt on a coach for two hours" to "scenic boat/train/coach ride to some farm/museum/cheese place" to "climb straight up a sheer rock cliff and fight a reindeer at the top, then bobsled back home." - obviously, I'm picking things in the middle group, but now she's reading all my choices back to me and telling me why they're all terrible, terrible choices. :laugh:

sit on your butt on a coach for two hours" to "scenic boat/train/coach ride to some
You'll find both of those very interesting especially if you like or love dramatic scenery. Even I have enjoyed those trips, especially the one out to Voss.
The coach trips often include stops at fantastic viewing points or sorry walks to amazing waterfalls, some of which you can go behind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom