What makes a perfect kitchen?

Saranak
That range is to die for.
The problem with my kitchen is not size but poor layout.
My kitchen is similar to Tasty 's. Limited work space on either side of the range. There is a good amount of work space to the left of the sink. Not the most convenient.
I would love to have a gas range.
I designed and sold custom kitchens for 7 years while working for Lowe's, both new construction and remodels. Functionality is everything.
My dream kitchen would have a 48" dual fuel, double oven range with lots of work space on either side. Base cabinets would all have full extension drawers. The microwave would be built in. I would have a tall cabinet with full extension shelves to store the coffee pot and toaster oven. There would be an electrical outlet in the cabinet so coffee pot and toaster oven can be used without having to take them out. I would also have a stand mixer cabinet. The mixer sits on a shelf inside the cabinet that rises to counter height. Never have to pick it up . I hate having all of those things on the counter.
Another pet peeve- I am right handed - the dishwasher would be to the right of the sink.
:cry:
I would have to win the power ball. It would help if I bought a ticket. :laugh:

It look good Reuben, I think Whirlpool good make. I be honest I can not imagine not have second oven.
Sarana x
When my last oven died, I looked at double ovens, and for whatever reason, they were really expensive, much, much more expensive than I'd paid for mine.

In the interest of saving a few bucks, I went with the cheaper single oven, and regretted it the moment I turned it on.

The thing is, we could have afforded the double oven, but seeing the price difference side-by-side was just staggering, mentally, and I couldn't do it (and I usually have no issue spending money).

Saranak
That range is to die for.
The problem with my kitchen is not size but poor layout.
My kitchen is similar to Tasty 's. Limited work space on either side of the range. There is a good amount of work space to the left of the sink. Not the most convenient.
I would love to have a gas range.
I designed and sold custom kitchens for 7 years while working for Lowe's, both new construction and remodels. Functionality is everything.
My dream kitchen would have a 48" dual fuel, double oven range with lots of work space on either side. Base cabinets would all have full extension drawers. The microwave would be built in. I would have a tall cabinet with full extension shelves to store the coffee pot and toaster oven. There would be an electrical outlet in the cabinet so coffee pot and toaster oven can be used without having to take them out. I would also have a stand mixer cabinet. The mixer sits on a shelf inside the cabinet that rises to counter height. Never have to pick it up . I hate having all of those things on the counter.
Another pet peeve- I am right handed - the dishwasher would be to the right of the sink.
:cry:
Grazie Elizabeth,
Ray say you spend most of time in kitchen so have good range. As say Ray had extension made so kitchen quite large. Most my cupboards are base, To be honest I can not work unless organised when kitchen man come I make clear where all should be. Is power ball lottery? If so I pray you win an get what you want have Bella.

Sarana x

When my last oven died, I looked at double ovens, and for whatever reason, they were really expensive, much, much more expensive than I'd paid for mine.

In the interest of saving a few bucks, I went with the cheaper single oven, and regretted it the moment I turned it on.

The thing is, we could have afforded the double oven, but seeing the price difference side-by-side was just staggering, mentally, and I couldn't do it (and I usually have no issue spending money).
Si, sometime we look at purse more than what thing do. When I make Porchetta I need big oven, when all family come I make it almost 6 kilo pork so quite big. An top of range I can have many pan at same time.

Sarana x

MrsTasty wants to live in a traditional gated retirement community, somewhere like Florida (which is what her parents did), and I'm dead-set against it (which means we'll most likely do that :laugh:).

I finally had an epiphany and said that I'd be on board with that on one condition - that I get a full kitchen remodel, no expense spared (within reason). That way, it's a fight between her normal tightwaddedness and her desire to live like that. :laugh:

MrsTasty wants to live in a traditional gated retirement community, somewhere like Florida (which is what her parents did), and I'm dead-set against it (which means we'll most likely do that :laugh:).

I finally had an epiphany and said that I'd be on board with that on one condition - that I get a full kitchen remodel, no expense spared (within reason). That way, it's a fight between her normal tightwaddedness and her desire to live like that. :laugh:
All is compromise, I get new kitchen Ray get new Range Rover! So both happy. Though I did say I not get I strike :D !!!
Sarana x

I will not say what I am thinking. I promise I will not say it. :D

There are many things I would trade for a perfect kitchen but...

I get the impression that American kitchens are usually much bigger than the average UK kitchen... is that not so? I go by photos I've seen - unless they are in apartments they seem quite large. Well, a lot larger than mine!

If the home was built after about 1990, it probably has a pretty large kitchen. That became a big deal around that time. If the home was built in the 1950s, it probably has a smaller kitchen.

My kitchen is not big, but is laid out well. The fridge, sink and cooktop/oven make a work triangle, and I have decent counter space next to the cooktop and the sink for food prep.

Kitchen2017.jpg

CD

This is range I have we get from range cooker UK they base in Chester UK it model ILVE Roma 150 we get may be year ago. It big thing but I love. This not mine this from brochures, very easy control and clean. Fry top can remove.
Mine bit bashed now as I use it lot.

View attachment 39440

Sarana x

Boy!!!! That's a monster!! I can cook a whole meal with that thing!! :wink:

If the home was built after about 1990, it probably has a pretty large kitchen. That became a big deal around that time. If the home was built in the 1950s, it probably has a smaller kitchen.

My kitchen is not big, but is laid out well. The fridge, sink and cooktop/oven make a work triangle, and I have decent counter space next to the cooktop and the sink for food prep.

View attachment 39445

CD

I surely wish that I had THAT kitchen!! Looks very spacious!! :wink:

My perfect kitchen is the people I love around me when I cook all looking forward to my fayre . . . mixed in with music and a bit of vino. Sounds cliche but a kitchen can be any shape or size, its all about the fun and the love. Sarana - -tell me, how big is the typical kitchen in Napoli apartment…??!

My perfect kitchen is the people I love around me when I cook all looking forward to my fayre . . . mixed in with music and a bit of vino. Sounds cliche but a kitchen can be any shape or size, its all about the fun and the love. Sarana - -tell me, how big is the typical kitchen in Napoli apartment…??!
Ciao Rich,
I say I agree kitchen is heart of my home smell of food, laughing and people talk I love this. As I say unless guests we eat most time in kitchen. Depend on apartment Rich older one no so big, tend be little bigger if newer, kitchen in apartment in Scampia was OK in Gabella very tiny.

Sarana x

Back
Top Bottom