What makes a perfect kitchen?

I also decided what I DID NOT need. A pot filler. (Range is close enough to the washup sink.) A fridge that made ice or dispensed water. An expensive dish washer.

I did go for an induction range, because I loved my brother's, and I got a fridge freezer with the freezer on the bottom because I was really tired of losing food back at my old home when I lost food on the hard-to-reach (bad back, remember?) bottom shelves there.

I'd love to see some photos of your kitchen Mountain Cat.

Here's my kitchen - as you can see its galley style.

This this the view as you enter it from the living room - the door beyond is to a downstairs bathroom.

And from the other end looking back towards the living room:

One thing I quite like is the pull-out larder - it fits neatly into a corner and holds tons of stuff. Too much stuff, really:

Here's my kitchen - as you can see its galley style.

This this the view as you enter it from the living room - the door beyond is to a downstairs bathroom.

View attachment 39618

And from the other end looking back towards the living room:

View attachment 39619

One thing I quite like is the pull-out larder - it fits neatly into a corner and holds tons of stuff. Too much stuff, really:

View attachment 39620
I quite like a galley kitchen, TBH. I like that color green as well. My kitchen is due some paint, and that might just be the direction I go.

I must say, I also love that larder. That's another thing I'd have in my perfect kitchen - a lot of those specialty pull-outs in the cabinets.

Is that shiny thing next to the sink your cutting board? I also like the built-in microwave. Such a tidy look!

When I was working as a Kitchen Designer for Lowe's l measured the existing kitchen and designed a dream kitchen in the space using design software. I can't find the plans. :scratchhead:
The bottom cabinets were full extension drawer bases. All corner cabinets were easy access or had built ins. Built in microwave and a special cabinet for coffee pot and toaster oven. Another special cabinet for the stand mixer. Vertical storage for sheet pans, muffin tins and cutting boards. Space for a 36" bottom freezer refrigerator. I only have room for a 33". I hate having "stuff" on the counter top .
LOTS of under counter task lighting.
MG I like your drawer bases .

When I was working as a Kitchen Designer for Lowe's l measured the existing kitchen and designed a dream kitchen in the space using design software. I can't find the plans. :scratchhead:
The bottom cabinets were full extension drawer bases. All corner cabinets were easy access or had built ins. Built in microwave and a special cabinet for coffee pot and toaster oven. Another special cabinet for the stand mixer. Vertical storage for sheet pans, muffin tins and cutting boards. Space for a 36" bottom freezer refrigerator. I only have room for a 33". I hate having "stuff" on the counter top .
LOTS of under counter task lighting.
MG I like your drawer bases .
Ciao Bella,
I only have one wall cupboard, an it have things I no use often, to get open I need stand on small step ladder, I only 155 cm high. Every thing is in bottom cupboards. I also hate have thing on counters look mess, all have place an should be in place.

Sarana x

I like that color green as well.

Its duck egg blue, really. Laura Ashley paint.
Is that shiny thing next to the sink your cutting board? I also like the built-in microwave. Such a tidy look!

Its a glass heat-proof board. I use it to put things on when they come out of the microwave or to rest the lid of the Halogen oven on. I also use the reverse side (which is more mat black) as a background for food photos sometimes - like this:

I would hate to cut anything on it - it would set my teeth on edge! :hyper:

Yes they are great - full extension so you can easily see everything. Under counter cupboards are daft as everything gets lost at the back.
We only have two full depth base cupboards, one under the sink, and the other an adjacent corner cupboard. All of the other cupboards are 300mm deep - the same as wall cupboards, so easy to access. The full depth corner cupboard is great for losing stuff for many years.

Back
Top Bottom