What one fruit do you dislike the most?

Ellie

Über Member
Local time
2:12 AM
I was reading an article yesterday that listed a number of things this person didn't like about x, y or z... It got me thinking. When I ate meat, I used to hate eating gammon. With fish and seafood it was sardines or more accurately still is, I can't stand even the smell of them. I can't name a vegetable I don't like, but with fruit that I have tried, it has to be fresh apricots. I just don't get them, they are mushy with little taste and just don't seem to have any flavour but it is their texture that does me in. Yuck.

So I was wondering, having eaten most fruit commonly available, what's the one fruit (not vegetable) that people dislike the most? Just one, mind you

I can't say there are any fruits I truly dislike. I've come across some unusual ones in various parts of the world...possibly the wood apples I tried in Sri Lanka had the oddest taste, but I didn't mind them. I suppose if I had to pick something, I'd say tomatoes that are devoid of taste, which covers most of those you see in supermarkets. Other (and better) tomatoes are, however, available.

I have to confess that there is a whole load of fruit I don't like ranging from bananas, to figs, to pineapple, to mulberries, to peaches, to raisins, sultanas and currants by themselves or in things (most of the time) I could probably add more to the list of I wanted to quite easily, but you get the picture.

I can't even touch the damn things. When I kept iguanas (who love eating bananas), I used to find an assistant in Tescos to choose some for me and put them in a plastic bag. She said it was surprising how many people used to ask them to do this, so I was obviously not alone - something which has been confirmed by some of the allergy sites I belong to!

I can't even touch the damn things. When I kept iguanas (who love eating bananas), I used to find an assistant in Tescos to choose some for me and put them in a plastic bag. She said it was surprising how many people used to ask them to do this, so I was obviously not alone - something which has been confirmed by some of the allergy sites I belong to!
@SatNavSaysStraightOn has strange things happen to het tongue if she eats them (hope you don't min me mentioning this @SatNavSaysStraightOn!). What happens to you @Elawin?

Guess I'm lucky as the only things that have an odd affect on me are mayo and taramasalata - both make me feel sick. No idea why as I can eat eggs and oil perfectly well!

I think for me it is the pear. They seem so watery and often grainy when you eat them. I just don't get them at all.

It's likely bananas for me. I used to like them but then there came a point when I was a young kid where I began disliking their taste and eating them would make me throw up. I dislike their smell when I must throw away someone's peel.

This is one of the threads that I might have to revisit. I am thinking long and hard and I can't seem to come up with a fruit that I really dislike. Maybe if I was presented with some I could give you my preference coming down the line. Maybe something will pop into my head when I least expect it.

Last edited:
This is one of the threads that I might have to revisit. I am thinking long and hard and I can't seem to up with a fruit that really dislike. Maybe if I was presented with some I could give you my preference coming down the line. Maybe something will pop into my head when I least expect it.

Do you like avocado? If not then we have found the one fruit... I'm not keen on it

This is one of the threads that I might have to revisit. I am thinking long and hard and I can't seem to up with a fruit that really dislike. Maybe if I was presented with some I could give you my preference coming down the line. Maybe something will pop into my head when I least expect it.

Ha! That's what I did. :p:

Do you like avocado? If not then we have found the one fruit... I'm not keen on it
I love avocados. I wish they were available all year round. My mom has trees but presently they are bare. I actually never thought of avocado as a fruit. Around here here we call them pears interestingly enough. I am still trying to think of something I really dislike.

Back
Top Bottom