What produce/ingredients did you buy or obtain today? (2018-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lamb shoarma (ready made)
Dover sole fillet
Minced beef
Chicken breast fillet
Farmers dry ham
Eggs (10)
Feta
Organic farmer's cheese
Greek yoghurt
Cream
Salted butter
Blackberries
Bananas
Wild mushrooms
Cucumber
Limes
Courgette
Radish
Oranges
Eggplant
Ready made filo pastry
Pita bread
Whole grain bread
Curry spice
Jasmine tea
Chocolate covered marshallows

(Just a side note, all my meat and dairy is always organic). Pics follow tomorrow.

Did you ever buy bacon here prior to 2001 before old man Maynard sold the company and retired. Maynard’s Farm | Artisan curers and producers of quality meat
Found out today the the guy I buy my bacon from was an assistant to old man Maynard. Explains why it's the best bacon in town.

Proper dry cured streaky, extra thick cut.

Ask the guy next time about the bloke who helped the old man fight off H & S when they tried to stop him using traditional wooden butchers blocks claiming it was a new E U law. My first clue was the original EU document contained 75% less pages than the British version. After reading the original Directive I could find only a recommendation that when the blocks needed replacing "consideration" should be given to man made products. We had a meeting with the local MP he took it up. This was in the late 80s I think.My fav was the oyster cut cured with molasses.

I am making chili for six of us tomorrow. While I already had some ingredients, the spice mixture we make we need to make extra little bags for to give to the other attendees. I also bought extra of some things for other purposes. PS, while the chili itself that I will make will be mild in taste, two or three of the seasoning packets I give out will kick the taste profile up a notch for those who want that. One person gets acid reflux with spicy foods, so I have to be considerate. We WILL eat outdoors and socially distance.

Dried Ancho chilies
Dried Arbol chilies
Fresh oregano
Ground oregano
Ground ancho chili
Crushed red pepper
Chili powder
Limes
Garlic
Minced garlic - i suspect I'll use this instead of the former, just for time constraint sake.
Monterey Jack Cheese
Cotija Mexican cheese
Colby Jack cheese
Canned black beans
Red kidney beans
Tomatoes on the vine
Habaneros
Jalapenos
Poblanos
Butternut squash - Surprisingly, when I made chili for guests a few years back, this really helped the dish be accepted by everyone (other than the legume-allergic person, who had fun with the make-your-own taco bar...)
Sour cream
Canned stewed tomatoes - this will mostly go to another dish.
Canned whole tomatoes

AND other things with no relation to the dish:

Turkey thighs. One thigh will go to a tamale dish I want to make in the near future, the other for "just because" - and they do come two in a package.
Ground Impossible "meat"
Ground Beyond Beef "meat"

The faux meats are because I have wanted to do a taste comparison between them and real ground beef (from a pastured cattle source), and seeing both of them there together in the store means I will be testing these out early next week. Unfortunately I won't be able to perform a double-blind study.

Need to harvest a lot of things in the garden soon. At some point we will have a TRUE killing frost.

I am making chili for six of us tomorrow. While I already had some ingredients, the spice mixture we make we need to make extra little bags for to give to the other attendees. I also bought extra of some things for other purposes. PS, while the chili itself that I will make will be mild in taste, two or three of the seasoning packets I give out will kick the taste profile up a notch for those who want that. One person gets acid reflux with spicy foods, so I have to be considerate. We WILL eat outdoors and socially distance.

Dried Ancho chilies
Dried Arbol chilies
Fresh oregano
Ground oregano
Ground ancho chili
Crushed red pepper
Chili powder
Limes
Garlic
Minced garlic - i suspect I'll use this instead of the former, just for time constraint sake.
Monterey Jack Cheese
Cotija Mexican cheese
Colby Jack cheese
Canned black beans
Red kidney beans
Tomatoes on the vine
Habaneros
Jalapenos
Poblanos
Butternut squash - Surprisingly, when I made chili for guests a few years back, this really helped the dish be accepted by everyone (other than the legume-allergic person, who had fun with the make-your-own taco bar...)
Sour cream
Canned stewed tomatoes - this will mostly go to another dish.
Canned whole tomatoes

AND other things with no relation to the dish:

Turkey thighs. One thigh will go to a tamale dish I want to make in the near future, the other for "just because" - and they do come two in a package.
Ground Impossible "meat"
Ground Beyond Beef "meat"

The faux meats are because I have wanted to do a taste comparison between them and real ground beef (from a pastured cattle source), and seeing both of them there together in the store means I will be testing these out early next week. Unfortunately I won't be able to perform a double-blind study.

Need to harvest a lot of things in the garden soon. At some point we will have a TRUE killing frost.

Try pinto beans sometime in your chili. Ranch Style brand is the best for chili.
Screen Shot 2020-10-09 at 6.35.27 PM.jpg

CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom